Newbie!!

Options
Hello Community! My name is Lucy, and I just started using this app today. I am excited to start using it because I started my fit journey about 4 weeks ago in hopes of gaining a little bit of weight and working on growing some muscle on my skinny frame. I weigh 100.2 lbs, and that's after I lost 2 lbs since I started clean eating and working out. I am currently doing The Fit Girls Guide workouts and meal plans, but of course adding more calories than their meal plans ask for ( since I am not trying to lose weight). Since I am so short (5ft) I don't mind maintaining my weight, but I definitely am looking for tips and any advice on how to gain muscle and get a very nice boooty :);) I currently love in Houston, TX. I am a mother of 2 beautiful girls (4 & 2) <3 and I love making friends :)

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Hello Lucy, welcome to the MFP framily! You’re on the opposite end of the spectrum as I am. Your trying to gain and I'm trying to lose weight. No matter the objectives it always helps to have someone to cheer you along. So if you’d like please feel free to add me as a supporter.
    As far as building up your gluteus maximus, squats and wind sprints work wonders for that particular muscle group.
    I wish you the best in reaching your goals.
    DW.
  • lucygabrielaa
    lucygabrielaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much buddy! I wish you the most luck in your fit journey as well! Thanks for the motivation!
  • tndorenez20
    tndorenez20 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    In my point of view building muscle fast and good has a lot to do with supplements as much as diet and working out . You should try creatine it gave me that extra muscle and strength I needed to look the way I wanted and it helps endurance too! It also helped me put on like 5-10 pounds . Or if you really want to gain a lot of weight you should try mass gainer but that's a little too much for me
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    In my point of view building muscle fast and good has a lot to do with supplements as much as diet and working out . You should try creatine it gave me that extra muscle and strength I needed to look the way I wanted and it helps endurance too! It also helped me put on like 5-10 pounds . Or if you really want to gain a lot of weight you should try mass gainer but that's a little too much for me
    Nope

Calorie surplus + progressive lifting + macro/micro adherence ...
  • tndorenez20
    tndorenez20 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Nope

Yeah of course that's just the basic building blocks of it but eventually almost everyone hits a plateau and needs a extra
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Nope

Yeah of course that's just the basic building blocks of it but eventually almost everyone hits a plateau and needs a extra

Nope not here. Just whey protein here and there as needed
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Lifting and whey protein is all I've used and seen some noticeable results from. I tried other supplements but other than maybe a little more energy didn't notice enough to make it worth the money put out.Actually, eating right gives me as much energy.
    Just saying.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Nope

Nope....never needed any
  • Joe_58
    Joe_58 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community. There are so many helpful people here. May you prosper in all you do!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community. There are so many helpful people here. May you prosper in all you do!

You know this thread is a year old, right?
  • Joe_58
    Joe_58 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow! Still getting acquainted with this app. Thanks for the heads up.