Glute exercises

Options
Best exercises for glute muscles?????? Any suggestions?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So far you've posted about abs and glutes...

The answer is the same. Calorie deficit, resistance training.
  • amber_cox821
    amber_cox821 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dang I like calories!!! Lol. ☺️
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

Best thing I would recommend is follow a well rounded lifting program with lots of variety for the glutes that has you progressing over time. Something like Strong Curves is a great one.
  • amber_cox821
    Options
    I just want to have a flatter stomach and a more rounded booty. I will look this up!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Personally I like weighted hip bridges using the Smith machine.

For the flat stomach you gotta eat less though.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I just want to have a flatter stomach and a more rounded booty. I will look this up!

Depending on your stats, if you have weight to lose, eat in a deficit, incorporate weight training, get adequate protein. This will help you retain muscle and help define the glutes as you get to goal. If you are a good weight for your height and just want to change your body composition, eating at maintenance and recomping is also a good option.
  • amber_cox821
    Options
    Thank you!!!!
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Squats - real ones with a barbell on your back - to parallel or a little deeper, this will also help those ab.
    like other posts said- eat at a slight deficit to show those abs, but it might help to build them first
    also google Bret Contreras
  • import_soul
    import_soul Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think lunges are also good for the booty muscles.
  • cdsuek
    cdsuek Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lifting :) My favorites for working my glutes are deadlifts (straight-legged are my favorite and KILL my glutes!), curtsy lunges, barbell and goblet squats, reverse lunges, barbell hip thrusts, split squats.