how to cut sweet treats cold turkey

Options
Yesterday, after a busy day of house painting, and other errands, hubby decides to bring home Dairy Queen. He got me the oreo brownie earthquake, and like an idiot, i ate the whole thing, minus a few bites from my daughter. after i eat this evil mind controlling thing, i decide for the first time in a week to check the cals. 740. 740!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i took over 30 minutes to lose just that one thing. so, never again will i be controlled by that vicious deceiver!

Replies

• luckygrrrl
    Options
    Im sorry did you say you burned 740 calories in a half hour??
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I tried cutting sweets out completely and turned into a very resentful person. I love my sweets and I know that I can not honestly go the rest of my life without eating them. So, I eat them in moderation. If I want a blizzard from DQ - I get the mini one and I make sure I can work it into my calories for the day. If I want a Reese's Peanut Butter cup - I eat it. I don't eat the king size 4 pack, but I eat the normal 2 pack. You don't have to eliminate the things you love from your life (and shouldn't - because that reeks of diet and this isnt' a diet, it's a lifestyle change). Just learn to eat them in moderation. I truly believe portion control is a HUGE issue with people in this day and age - more so than the foods we are eating .. it is how much of them we're eating!
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    yes. 1100 in 65 minutes. i do the eliptical EFX566 for 65 min on level 11
  • hannahleighjw
    Options
    I like all of your rewards for reaching goals!! And I had no idea the amount of calories in one of those....yikes! That's definitely motivation to get something better for you.
  • sugarbugger
    Options
    I've cut out processed sugar altogether, and I was a big BIG MAJOR sugar addict. It's doable if you really want to do it, but as people have said, you don't have to cut sweet treats out completely if you can control yourself and have small portions. I can't do that (yet! having therapy) which is why I've cut them out.

I do have the occasional sugar free sweet or mint, and I have a little splenda to sweeten things like porridge etc. I'm not a big icecream person so I can resist icecream completely, it's cakes, chocolate and cookies I miss. And I miss them every day although I'm used to not eating them now.

Edit: protein like chicken and peanut butter are my lifesavers, protein kills sugar cravings!
  • AliDarling
    Options
    I do like a sweet treat, but i mean major things, like that evil sunday. i use truvia, and if that had sugar in it it could send you into a diabetic coma lol. when i lost a lot of wight pre baby, i'd treat myself to a mocha frappichino at starbucks once a week. so i do love sweets, i am cutting down MAJORLY on them, even my beloved chocolate. but this is just to avoid those major ones that are so not worth it
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Thats a great workout I did the elliptical for 60 minutes the other day and burned 652 I think it was. I did level 9...My feet get numb if I do higher for too long.
  • AliDarling
    Options

Thats a great workout I did the elliptical for 60 minutes the other day and burned 652 I think it was. I did level 9...My feet get numb if I do higher for too long.

my legs start to give out. i was doin 8 and could do 860, but i would make sure i made it to 100 by 53 minutes left. 140 when i hit 49. but i think that was a fluke cause my body is rebelling against me today lol
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I had a mini blizzard the other day. I only ate half because it wasnt that great , I wanted chocolate and they put white ice cream with chunks of brownies, it was not going to cut it. It was still 190 calories for 4 bites. I love my chocolate soy milk banana protein smoothie way more and i think i am off Dairy Queen for good.
  • AliDarling
    Options
    is that a Silk product? i've been looking for something like that. i use the pure almont in my cereal, but as a nice treat, that sounds great