In 5 weeks lost 9lbs!

Options
skyelynnj
skyelynnj Posts: 4 Member
I started using MFP 5 weeks ago with the goal to help me lose about 25-30lbs.
I am so surprised how much this took has helped me. It's very hard for me to fit working out into my schedule or even prepping meals.
I also didn't realize how many calories I was consuming before. I was probably eating 3000-4000 calories a day most days.
Using this app, it restricts me to 1240 calories a day. It's not hard at all if I choose the right foods. I am not hungry or starving myself, or skipping meals. This app forces me to be mindful of making good food choices. Instead of getting that Venti Starbucks drink just because, I think I'll just drink some water. Instead of eating a 700 calorie muffin, I think I'll snack on some beef jerky. I feel like I'm eating what I want and not depriving myself.
In 5 weeks I've lost 9lbs. Though the results are slow, they are results. I planned to only do this for 6 weeks, but I think this is my lifestyle now.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You don’t to lose any faster. Your results are not slow, but right on target.
  • priscillamartin1
    priscillamartin1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow that’s awesome! It’s true it makes you so much more mindful and realize that a little snack here or there adds up and then when it’s late in the day you’ve used up all your calories and you realize by eliminating those small snacks that have lots of calories you can eat when you’re hungry a healthier option w no guilt!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Glad you're liking MFP :)
  • jmr5681
    jmr5681 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good job! I recently joined too and lost only 6 lbs with the help of MFP. I like the fact that in a couple of weeks it creates a fairly long list of my healthy food choices. Seeing the numbers, calories and macros really makes it easier (to lose weight).
  • AwesomeOpossum74
    AwesomeOpossum74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it really does seem to work. While not as drastic a change as yours, I've gone from 207 to 202 in 4 weeks, which I'm personally proud of.

As far as CICO and MFP goes, I enjoy being able to manage my own eating, rather than feeling like someone is shaking a finger at me because I decided to go out for a sno-cone with my kids.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, but please know 9lbs in 5 weeks is certainly not slow! With 25-30lbs to lose you should only be expecting a loss of around 1lb per week. Don't be afraid to slow it down a little as you get closer to goal so that maintenance is easier to manage.
  • jenniferplatter
    jenniferplatter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I started usimg MFP, I was floored at how many calories I had really been eating. I knew it was alot, but...wow. Very common for people to underestimate how much they eat and overestimate exercise. I have recommended this app to friends who are not looking to lose weight, but have to watch sodium.
  • jenniferplatter
    jenniferplatter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    And OP, your results are great!