Newbie / Vegan

Options
Hey everyone....I am new here and I currently have no friends! (how sad huh) I am interested in having friends on here who share some of my same goals and challenges so I am guessing that is almost EVERYONE!

I am a vegan and would love to be friends with anyone that would like to be but it would be kind of nice to connect with other vegans to share our unique challenges together.

Thanks!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Not Vegan, but welcome and good luck.
  • MaryEliz10
    Options
    I have pretty much a vegan diet, I'll send you a friend request. My challenge on here is to find a vegan who doesn't cook - like me!
  • heatheramara
    Options
    I'm vacillating. Does 90% vegan count? :-P

Welcome. I'll be happy to friend you. :)
  • sarahsmart88
    Options
    I'm new here as well. I've been contemplating becoming vegan for a while now. It's difficult when my husband is a major carnivore. I'd love to share tips/recipes though!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, not a vegan, though I could easily see ending up there eventually. Feel free to friend me. :smile:
  • kippit
    kippit Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm new here as well. I've been contemplating becoming vegan for a while now. It's difficult when my husband is a major carnivore. I'd love to share tips/recipes though!

My wife and kids eat meat....although my wife doesn't eat a LOT of it. It seems to work out fine. I do not force things on her and she is SUPER supportive of me and even helps me get new recipes!!!
  • eodell1
    eodell1 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm a vegan. I'm here to gain encouragement to eat less and consume healthier foods. I've often fallen for simple baked goods and processed foods and that caused me to gain unwanted weight. I've lost 18 lbs. in 5 weeks, but I've admittedly ramped up the cardiovascular exercise like swimming, walking the dog and riding my bicycle.
  • kippit
    kippit Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm a vegan. I'm here to gain encouragement to eat less and consume healthier foods. I've often fallen for simple baked goods and processed foods and that caused me to gain unwanted weight. I've lost 18 lbs. in 5 weeks, but I've admittedly ramped up the cardiovascular exercise like swimming, walking the dog and riding my bicycle.

Awesome! Good for you....keep up the great work!