Do you LOVE your Nutribullet?

Options
pandacsek
pandacsek Posts: 42 Member
Share your most favorite Nutribullet recipe and add calorie breakdown, if you can!

I absolutely love my bullet and use it every day. Just ordered the replacement blades yesterday - poor thing has been going for five years now.

Here is my all time fav recipe:

- 2 cups of spinach - 14c
- 1 carrot - 35c
- 1 stalk of celery - 6c
- 1 scoop Milk Chocolate protein powder - 150c
- 1 cup of frozen Cherry Berry blend from Trader Joe's - 90c.

Total of 295 calories. 38.2g carbs, 3.7g fat, 27.7g protein!

I swear to you, it will taste like a milk shake! Dying for it!

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have a nutribullet but I do have a couple smoothie recipes to share that could go into a nutribullet.

170g Pumpkin Puree (I prefer frozen chunks, but cold is also good)
    120g Banana (1 large)
    2tsp Cinnamon
    1tsp Vanilla Extract
    3/4cup Unsweetened Almond Milk

I think it's about 225 calories.

100g Baby Spinach
    120g Banana (1 large)
    1tsp Cinnamon
    1tsp Cocoa Powder
    1tsp Vanilla Extract
    3/4cup Unsweetened Almond Milk

This one is about 200 calories.

These are my two favorite smoothies right now. I blend mine up in a ninja, haha.
  • pandacsek
    Options
    They both sound good! I have to try the pumpkin puree one!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I just got a Nutribullet and haven't made a darn thing yet...thanks for these ideas!
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have a Nutribullet and never thought to freeze pumpkin puree. Will definitely be trying that.

This is my go to basic ingredient list:

1/2 cup cold water
    1/2 cup crushed ice
    1 scoop (23g) unflavored whey protein powder (90 calories)
    36g collagen hydrolysate (129 calories)
    2 tbsp Torani sugar free syrup - flavor depends on what type of fruit I am using (0 calories)

The first two after water and ice are for protein. The third one is for sweetener and flavor boost.

Then I add whatever fruit I have previously frozen and portioned. My favorite combinations change all of the time. And as long as it falls in the 446 calories I have allotted for my first meal, I can get creative.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    25g low cal protein powder
    16g frozen spinach
    100g frozen mixed berries
    100g frozen raspberries
    Water

Blend. Drink. Yummy!

Works out about 200 calories for a large tumbler.
  • sunshinelove24
    sunshinelove24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1 large can diced tomatoes not seasoned
    Diced onion to taste
    Minced garlic to taste
    Fresh cilantro tablespoon
    Lime juice table spoon
    Fresh cut jalapeno to taste
    Salt to taste

Put all in blender and pulse until consistency desired. You have fresh salsa! No jarred stuff and sooo easy. Play with it and make it your own! This is a staple for me, low calorie, eat with baked tostitos!
  • RelCanonical
    Options
    @pandacsek @HeyJudii The frozen pumpkin puree gives it a wonderful thick, smooth texture. It is a bit of work - I freeze sandwich baggies with the puree flattened out so the frozen puree can be easily broken into chunks to be put into the blender. Also, it can take a little bit of blending time - about 2-3 min - to get everything all incorporated properly. Your individual blenders may perform better than mine! I think it's worth it though for how big the portion is. I also freeze the banana, but that's less of a process.
  • pandacsek
    Options
    @pandacsek @HeyJudii The frozen pumpkin puree gives it a wonderful thick, smooth texture. It is a bit of work - I freeze sandwich baggies with the puree flattened out so the frozen puree can be easily broken into chunks to be put into the blender. Also, it can take a little bit of blending time - about 2-3 min - to get everything all incorporated properly. Your individual blenders may perform better than mine! I think it's worth it though for how big the portion is. I also freeze the banana, but that's less of a process.

OMG thank you for this tip, you are a genius for freezing the pumpkin puree flat. It would have never occurred to me. But again, I am blonde. LOL.
  • RelCanonical
    Options
    pandacsek wrote: »

OMG thank you for this tip, you are a genius for freezing the pumpkin puree flat. It would have never occurred to me. But again, I am blonde. LOL.

I learned from my mistakes, lol. I froze them in lumps before and couldn't fit them in the blender and a hammer just tore up the baggie and made a mess, so I had to thaw them out and then refreeze them flat.