Starting over again-THIS IS IT

Options
stino1159
stino1159 Posts: 2 Member
a few years ago i started on Myfitnesspal. loved it. health problems came on so i stopped. I have found I am allergic to wheat, in a huge way this is good. I am going back on Keto. I am 58 , vegetarian woman. I need to drop 50-60 pounds. My question about Keto is , I put in my food per day on myfitnesspal, for Carbs is it 20%, Fats 30% and 50 % Protein? Anyone know?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you are serious about keto, please join one of the low-carb groups here.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't know everything about keto, but I'm quite sure it's not 50% protein. And why keto, if you're a vegetarian?
  • stino1159
    stino1159 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just trying to find a good balance to eat. At my age things change, need to adjust. Too many bad carbs i have found are not good for my system.
  • jlval1989
    jlval1989 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you're going on keto, those macros are way off.
    Should be (around) 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs.
    And, as the chap above said - keto will be very difficult if you're vegetarian!
  • skysmom26
    skysmom26 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Also you can do keto a few different ways. Some do more protein...some do more fat... Just depends what your body does/likes. I do lc with keto and it really helps me..some people dont have to be as restrictive.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    stino1159 wrote: »
    I'm just trying to find a good balance to eat. At my age things change, need to adjust. Too many bad carbs i have found are not good for my system.
    But things don't just change to the extreme like that. You are still a human being.

When we gain weight beyond what we're comfortable with, we tend to jump to the conclusion that food is the problem, when it's actually our behavior and mindset that is the problem. I have found demonizing foods, food groups and nutrients not good for anything - maybe you should investigate what is actually going on. First make sure the wheat allergy is a real, medical diagnosis and not just self diagnosed - as you're already a vegetarian, you don't need any more restrictions. You know you are eating too much, so figure out why, then you can just stop doing that, without creating even bigger problems for yourself. Are you eating a lot of snack/treat foods in addition to your regular meals? If so, why? Are your regular meals turning into snack/treat foods too? Or are they just getting too big? If so, what can you do about it? Other things?
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Initially I started my new meal plan with a very low daily carbs intake. Over the last 100 days my daily diet changed slightly - about 20 - 25 % carbs, 40 % Protein, the rest fat. I am combining this with the calories I am supposed to eat according to MFP. So far I have lost about 15 kg - about 60 kg to go.