Two month changes

Options
snemberton
snemberton Posts: 175 Member
I've been on the journey for about 2 1/2 months now. I'm down 14lbs and apparently nearly all of that has been upper body. LOL. the pics on the left were at the beginning of May, a little over a week after I started. The right is from today. My best friend commented that I lost a whole back fat roll on one side and most on the other! :D
217-> 203 5'8"
Average deficit of 600 calories each day
Cardio 4-5 times a week for 40 minutes, strength training twice a week for an hour and 30 minutes of stretching most nights. (I'll throw in yoga sometimes, but I just can't get into it.)
Gotta keep pushing! I've got just over 40lbs to my first big goal where I determine how much farther I need to go.

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Holy moly, what a change! Nice job.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    That's too funny about the lone back roll. I totally see it in your pics. Just goes to show we don't have a say where the fat comes off. Great job btw, you look amazing and I can tell you've been working hard.
  • snemberton
    Options
    That's too funny about the lone back roll. I totally see it in your pics. Just goes to show we don't have a say where the fat comes off. Great job btw, you look amazing and I can tell you've been working hard.
    Thanks.

Wouldn't it be nice to choose where the fat comes off? I'd love these hips to tone down quicker. I have lost a couple of inches, but that's mostly from the stomach flab, rather than the flab on my hips. I know genetically I likely won't have slim hips ever, but there's some layers of fat that are more than welcome to slide right off anytime now.

• jesileighs
    jesileighs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Holy WOW! That's insane! What a difference in two months!
  • desg1218
    desg1218 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Looking good! I was so *kitten* happy to see my back rolls go, lol
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Jams29
    Jams29 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Your waist is so tiny! Great work!!!
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You're doing so well! I lost from my upper body first, too, but it does eventually start coming off more uniformly!
  • snemberton
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Sometimes that scale fluctuates too much (even though the overall trendline is down) to make me feel like I'm making significant progress. The photos help immensely to keep me motivated. That and being able to hold a plank longer than my 19-year-old daughter now. :)
  • imaproudmomma
    imaproudmomma Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    snemberton wrote: »
    I've been on the journey for about 2 1/2 months now. I'm down 14lbs and apparently nearly all of that has been upper body. LOL. the pics on the left were at the beginning of May, a little over a week after I started. The right is from today. My best friend commented that I lost a whole back fat roll on one side and most on the other! :D
    217-> 203 5'8"
    Average deficit of 600 calories each day
    Cardio 4-5 times a week for 40 minutes, strength training twice a week for an hour and 30 minutes of stretching most nights. (I'll throw in yoga sometimes, but I just can't get into it.)
    Gotta keep pushing! I've got just over 40lbs to my first big goal where I determine how much farther I need to go.

You look fantastic!!!
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    wow .... I didnt think that would be possible in only 2 months ... nice work, you have to be proud of that !!!
  • mojonah
    mojonah Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    snemberton wrote: »

Congrats on a job well done. Definitely visible changes.
  • snemberton
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    wow .... I didnt think that would be possible in only 2 months ... nice work, you have to be proud of that !!!
    Thanks! And I'm still able to get some of my favorites, like pie and ice cream. I just had to stop snacking on too much and cut portions, plus add in the exercise. I didn't eat a crazy amount before, so it was a slow creep upward and I was kind of a slug before. And for the first time ever, I actually LIKE the exercise I'm doing. I tried running and biking before, but I've learned I just will not stick with exercise that I have to do outside in varying weather. Gym membership has allowed me to stick to the habit, no matter how rainy or hot and sticky it gets, and I bought some sessions with a trainer to get me started.
  • LuvUbutGoodbyeCarbs
    LuvUbutGoodbyeCarbs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great work so far!
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Quick question- are you keeping an average deficit of 600 per day + not eating back any of the exercise calories? Thanks!
  • snemberton
    Options
    Awesome work! Quick question- are you keeping an average deficit of 600 per day + not eating back any of the exercise calories? Thanks!
    I have an Apple Watch and I actually track things a bit outside of MFP. The deficit is the difference between the total of my active and resting calories each day and the food I log on MFP. My active calories on the watch equal both intentional exercise and my daily activity. Current move goal on the watch is 680 and it is super rare I don't meet that. Usually 250-400 of my move goal is from exercise and the rest is just me running around the house (I work from home) or errands and stuff. My resting calories are around 2000 each day. My average total active and resting is running at 2782 as of today. I've had days where that was 3100 or more, but those were really busy and lots of walking, plus a big Saturday strength training workout. (One of those days, I only at like 1900 calories eaten because I was so busy, I didn't have enough time to eat much! Had a massive deficit, but I ate a bit more for brunch on Sunday. )

My MFP goal is 1800 calories to eat and then I eat back 200-300 of my exercise calories. So the deficit is after eating back most of my intentional exercise calories, unless I'm not that hungry.

Does that make sense?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!