HCG

Options
I have been reading up a lot about this, and I am still totally confused. I have a friend on here that blew 1500 bucks for the injections and nothing happened, and my mother in law bought the drops for like 80 bucks and has lost 10 pounds since last week. i know its a pregancy hormone, but i would like to know why i did'nt lose weight while i was prego lol. but, seriously, has anyone here tried it with results? I'm not looking for the magic drug so i can just sit around and do nothing. I lost 24 lbs and 40 inches pre baby with diet and aerobics. post baby, i'm not doin so well. my daughter is 1, and i've only lost about 28lbs of the 60 i gained.

Replies

• MsCandyLynn
    Options
    i have never done HCG as a diet...i have taken HCG to help me conceive so be very careful if you take it without dr supervision.. im not into fad diets i think they help the symptom not the disease so to speak...I can tell you what HCG is used for clinically i have PCOS and had taken clomid to produce eggs and then on then approx 12-36 hrs before ovulation i was given an HCG shot to help release the eggs that clomid had produced..so sorry im not more help
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    you are actually doing really well! I gained 80 lb with my first pregnancy, and 35 came off right away, but since then I've only lost 10 lb a year (its been 3 years) and now I'm pregnant again and still 15 lb away from my pre-pregnancy weight. When your kid starts to need more outdoor activity, you'll loose lots. Just wait till she's running in circles around you!
  • msantori
    msantori Posts: 15
    Options
    the reason she has lost all that weight is because it tells you ur cal intake shud b 500 cal the most its all mental because hcg has not been proven to help you lose weight all od this was on the show the drs and dr oz
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    thanks for all the info guys. i dont gotaa worry about pregancy cause im on the IUD 5 year plan. i learned my lesson. got a 1 year old running around, dragging the cat around the house by her neck. i've done 500 cals a day, im used to eating that much that i had to fight myself to eat close to my cal goal, which im happy with. i have been burning more. thanks for the info. i will still be looking at it, but only to see what it actually does. the pregancy bit baffles me, cause you're not suppoesed to lose weight. so i don't understand that.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I've done HCG a couple times. It works great, but as soon as your done it's hard not to eat the way you used to, so the weight comes right back. I lost 24lbs in 21 days on HCG and it stayed off for a while but then came right back. I would do it again if I needed to lose weight in a hurry, but just eating right and exercise are the best, it comes off slow, but stays gone for longer. Good luck. It might be a good jump start if you just did the second phase then started in with the exercise and eating right. I don't understand but they don't recommend exercise while on HCG. I took the drops, and they are a lot cheaper on ebay. Just watch close for scams....i guess some people are making HCG w/o the horomones so it's a total rip off. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    I've done HCG a couple times. It works great, but as soon as your done it's hard not to eat the way you used to, so the weight comes right back. I lost 24lbs in 21 days on HCG and it stayed off for a while but then came right back. I would do it again if I needed to lose weight in a hurry, but just eating right and exercise are the best, it comes off slow, but stays gone for longer. Good luck. It might be a good jump start if you just did the second phase then started in with the exercise and eating right. I don't understand but they don't recommend exercise while on HCG. I took the drops, and they are a lot cheaper on ebay. Just watch close for scams....i guess some people are making HCG w/o the horomones so it's a total rip off. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

yea i heard about that, but my my mother in law is a faux painter and is doing a mural for a doctor, so its legit. you can't exercise? i'm just thinking about it cause i'm having real trouble losing my pregancy weight. im thinking if i dont hit 230 but september, im going to try it. hopefully something good will happen, if not, back to the drawing board :) thanks for the tips
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options

yea i heard about that, but my my mother in law is a faux painter and is doing a mural for a doctor, so its legit. you can't exercise? i'm just thinking about it cause i'm having real trouble losing my pregancy weight. im thinking if i dont hit 230 but september, im going to try it. hopefully something good will happen, if not, back to the drawing board :) thanks for the tips

I've lost 51lbs on it. If you follow it like you are suppose to when you get off, you won't gain. i've been off for a month or more. I go to a trainer and just watch my carbs and sugars. Over the weekend I did have pizza. I eat what I want. Just balance it out, drink plenty of water and workout almost everyday. I started in April and lost my weight by the begining of July.