Chicken breast recipes please?????

Options
Sue3730
Sue3730 Posts: 3 Member
Hi - does anyone have any nice chicken breast recipes please .... I'm bored with my usual repotoire!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Have you tried googling? I don't know what you like. Or try the Recipe forum.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What do you usually do with it? Recommending alternatives is difficult unless you mention what dishes you're bored of
  • Sue3730
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I do low fat curries or hunters chicken with the walden foods calorie free bbq sauce mixed with passatta - both v nice but would like more ideas please. Did google and found balsamic chicken and veg tray bake which I'm doing tonight! Where do i find the recipe forum - I'm new to the site?
    Thanks
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Mix 1/3c Sriracha and 1/3c brown sugar and brush it over chicken breasts before and during baking. It’s also delicious on pork.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Mix 1/3c Sriracha and 1/3c brown sugar and brush it over chicken breasts before and during baking. It’s also delicious on pork.

I think im gonna try this!!
  • lc_simmons
    lc_simmons Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I need a supply of chicken for salads and veggie bowls, I marinade in juice of 1-1.5 lemons, zest from one lemon, about 1.5 tbsp of olive oil, dehydrated garlic, and a bunch of the following fresh herbs: rosemary, basil, oregano, thyme. 4 chicken breasts. Marinate overnight in fridge.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Big baggie with 1/3 soy sauce, 1/3 olive oil and 1/3 honey. Add granulated garlic and onion salt to taste. Drop in thick strips gut from breast and marinate at least a couple of hours, overnight is better. Bake about 25 minutes at 400. I line a baking pan with foil and dump the bag in.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Stir fry or fajitas - veggies, chicken, seasoning (either Asian or Mexican inspired), high heat and something like rice, tortilla, quinoa, farro, salad to serve it on. Simple, hearty and delicious!
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Butterfly large skinless chicken breasts
    Light rub with olive oil
    Lightly sprinkle with your favorite ground Chile pepper
    Coat with Costco No-Salt Organic Seasoning.
    Grill medium heat 4-6 minutes a side.

I'm having some now...mmm...
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I've been experimenting with Turkish recipes later, so this is one with chicken. It uses thighs or legs, but breast should work just fine (from the cookbook "Istanbul"):

SERVES 4
    60 g (2 oz/⅓ cup) stoned dried apricots
    1 tablespoon currants
    20 g (¾ oz/1½ tablespoons) butter
    ¼ onion, finely chopped
    150 g (5 oz) shallots, peeled but left whole
    ½ teaspoon salt
    600 g (1 lb 5 oz) chicken thigh or leg, bones removed
    ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    700 ml (22 fl oz/2¾ cups) hot chicken stock
    50 g (2 oz/generous ½ cup) flaked (slivered) almonds
    80 g (3 oz/⅓ cup) orzo

Soak the apricots and currants in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and slice each apricot into 2 or 3 pieces. Melt the butter in a large pan with a lid and add the chopped onion and whole shallots. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring, and allow to soften and slightly brown. Add the salt.
    Cut the chicken into 5 cm (2 in) pieces, removing most of the skin. Add to the pan and brown gently. Once the chicken has taken on a golden colour all over, add the cinnamon, lemon juice and black pepper. Cook together for 5 minutes, then add the hot stock and dried fruits. Bring to the boil then lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
    Check the chicken is tender – cook for a little longer if not. If there is a lot of liquid, reduce with the lid off. Toast the almonds very gently in a dry pan until just golden. Tip out of the pan immediately. Add the orzo to the chicken and cook for 3 minutes or until the pasta is just cooked. Serve scattered with the toasted almonds.

This has under 500 calories without any modifications.
  • Sue3730
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions ....should keep me going!! :)
  • tpspiege
    tpspiege Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    There's a meal prep section dedicated to chicken based dishes over on fitmencook.com

I tried the pineapple pepper chicken over riced cauliflower and was very impressed. Good taste and unique combination of ingredients from my perspective. I'll be trying other recipes from there in the near future.
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Options
  • ServusChristi
    ServusChristi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Marinate in lemon juice, Mediterranean garlic paste, MSG, and salt. Grill with smoker chips on the fire. Roll your eyes when the foodgasm hits.