Top tips on weight loss?

Options
nicci0231
nicci0231 Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2018 in Getting Started
It's probably one of the most repetitive questions asked but, what is your top tip on weight loss?

I've been losing weight progressively but, I've been sitting on the same weight for the past 3 weeks and I can't seem to go any lower. Please help!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Tip 1: Be Accurate (See Most Helpful posts pinned at the top of this board and the general diet board for tips - food scale best tool you will ever buy)
    Tip 2: Be Patient (Fluctuations are normal, weight loss is not linear and it didn't go on overnight, it won't come off that way)
    Tip 3: Don't buy into fads - named diets/non-medical exclusion diets/detoxes/supplements/MR shakes (they aren't necessary)
  • Jams29
    Jams29 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost? I've heard you're supposed to recalculate your calories after losing about 10% of your body weight.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    top tip? Log (honestly) everything that passes your lips...whether you weigh, measure, etc., just do it religiously.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Preperation of foods /meal planning helps me
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    What works best for me is accurately weighing, measuring and logging of everything I eat and drink, and staying consistently within my daily calorie budget. Also drinking water. I always have a bottle of ice water within reach.
    Stay the course. In the scheme of things 3 weeks is a drop in the bucket. Hang in there, it will happen. :)
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Weigh/measure your food; meal prep; eat out less; cut back on alcohol; read ingredients/labels/serving sizes
  • nicci0231
    nicci0231 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help! :)
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I have a few

1. Don't start any way of eating that you can not stick with for life. If you do you will give up as it is not sustainable. That means that if there is food that you do not want to live without, work out how to fit it into your calorie goals. There is no such thing as good or bad food (unless the food makes you sick), just all food in moderation.
    2. Be accurate with logging by weighing all solids (including prepackaged) and using measuring cups, spoons for all liquids that have calories. Be mindful that most machines and many moniters overestimate calorie burn. Often it is these inaccuracies which lead to the dreaded plateau.
    3. Be gentle on yourself. One bad day will do little to no damage. Your setback would be an extra day until you reach your goal at most. It is when you are hard on yourself and the guilt results in a day becoming several days, a week, a months ..... that your goal seems to slip further from your grasp.