New Here!

Options
Hey, Nan here, 42 yrs. old and a mother of 1 son who is 18 and joined the Army National Guard. He is away at bootcamp right now and I am going to see him in 40 days. I so want to be energetic and healthier in 40 days so we can enjoy lots of sites. My husband and I need to take off a few pounds! I am so looking forward to meeting people here and support. I know that I have a problem with food and exercise and I am here for help because I know I can't do it on my own.

Replies

• nannyd4433
    Options
    Hey, Nan here, 42 yrs. old and a mother of 1 son who is 18 and joined the Army National Guard. He is away at bootcamp right now and I am going to see him in 40 days. I so want to be energetic and healthier in 40 days so we can enjoy lots of sites. My husband and I need to take off a few pounds! I am so looking forward to meeting people here and support. I know that I have a problem with food and exercise and I am here for help because I know I can't do it on my own.
  • wender
    wender Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Thank you for having a son who is willing to serve our country. Thank you for letting him. I hope you enjoy your trip to see him and that you and your husband will have enough energy to see the sights.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP clan!
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will love it here. So many really important things to learn about nutrition and so many nice, encouraging people too! Follow the "rules" and you will see results. Log your day in the morning so you have a plan for the day and know you will be getting all the nutrients you need. Keep reading the boards for ideas and inspiration. Eat clean! By the time 40 days have passed, you will feel so great! Good luck.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I just know you will love it here, if you don't already. I love this site. It is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that you made the right choice in joining this site and good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    welcome to MFP (my fitness pal)

I just joined in January and I love it here.

good luck