Accountability buddies for a 21 year old restater

Options
Yet another restater in early twenties in urgent need of an accountability buddy.

I’m sure there are some of you who have been down this road before, thinking every start would surely be the last one, but nope.
Being angry with yourself for letting the Cookie Monster inside of you undo all the work:the gym hours, all the chicken and spinach and most of all, the results.

(Not so) slowly, but surely, I’m approaching my previous starting point, and I need to do something about it.

I can guarantee amusement through sarcastic comments. So, if anyone’s interested, let’s finish this year strong.

Replies

• sra455
    sra455 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight my whole life. Up and down and up again. This time I'm ready to make it for good.

I'm always looking for other young people I can relate to (I'm 29 but I'm not married or have kids). I started at 332 and am now at 295. 37 lbs down but my ultimate goal weight will be 145. First goal though is to get to 220 by my 30th birthday in December.

I log pretty much every day and have an open food diary right now. Would love to have more friends going through that same thing :)
  • mojarr0
    mojarr0 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have restarted plenty of times myself..... But this time.... This time is the last! So far I believe I am 4 months in and have lost 35+lbs. I started at 281 and am currently at 245ish give or take. I have done through a complete life overhaul. Let us continue our journey with good progress, motivation and some laughs.
  • brookemass563
    brookemass563 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m restarting again as well! and i’ve been looking for younger people to talk to, too. I’m 20!

My starting weight was 189, I’m currently 179, andmy goal weight is 150. 29 pounds doesn’t seem like a lot, but it’s been so hard.

I would love people I can connect with and help on their journey, and get that support on mine as well!
  • khlokins
    khlokins Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much had a yo-yo battle all my life, up until recently.
    I got myself all the way up to an embarrassing 233lbs, and decided I was done trying to do all the diet crap.

So I've been eating a manageable, reasonably healthy diet, and trying to add fitness into my life that I know I'll actually maintain.

It's been going good so far. 33 lbs down this year, and probably the longest I've lost and kept off weight. So I'm hopeful for the future.

It'd be nice to lose an extra 25-30 lbs before the end of the year now that I've actually started to work out consistently.

Let me know if you're interested :D
  • HufflePuffleShuffle
    HufflePuffleShuffle Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I lost 56lb from Jan-May of this year and then fell off the wagon and gained 12lb back in just 2 months, argh! Feeling motivated again and I'd love to have some accountability buddies to message so we can whine about wanting to eat everything and motivate each other to exercise and stay on track.

I'm 29, F, from the UK and have another 70ishlb to lose
    SW: 270
    CW: 222.6
    GW: 150-160

Add me :)
  • ArasynyaCain
    ArasynyaCain Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and restarting for what feels like the thousandth time. I'm at about 200 right now and I'm trying to get back down to around 145. I'd love a group of accountability buddies to help keep each other on track. I've tried being budding with my friends at home but it never worked out because they didn't actually need or want to lose weight. I really want to feel healthy again and be able to move my body like I want. Feel free to add me I'm always up to give some encouragement!:)
  • kcphypers
    kcphypers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love some accountability buddies on here. Been going to the gym for 2 months now but just started tracking my calories when I hit my unavoidable plateau. Been using this app off and on for over 5 years and I just keep coming back. Maybe if I had some people to keep me accountable and vis versa then I might actually stick with it.