Naked Smoothie

Options
fickleee
fickleee Posts: 43 Member
I know this is a dumb question, but would you have a naked smoothie for a snack or breakfast? Just curious.p082fyspzlfi.png

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it as a whole meal because it would leave me starving. As part of a meal? Maybe, although for me personally they're too calorie-dense for the enjoyment I would get out of it.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't, but I'm not inclined to spend my money on those types of things.

If I'm going to have a smoothie as part of a meal or an in between snack, I'll make it myself. That way I can customize it for personal taste preferences and nutritional needs.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    no because i like to eat my food not drink it...also expensive....but if you like it and leaves you satisfied why not
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    That brand in particular, no because I don't support useless labels. Would definitely make my own though, strawberry banana is all kinds of delicious and you could always toss other stuff in it to make it more filling.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thought this thread was something else from the title? Or are you all just more adult? :)

And if you like it and it works in your calories great. It wouldn't keep me full for very long.
  • fickleee
    fickleee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Are you guys saying it’s better to eat for a snack or breakfast because of the protein and calories? There are 250 calories in it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    fickleee wrote: »
    Are you guys saying it’s better to eat for a snack or breakfast because of the protein and calories? There are 250 calories in it.

Neither....
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I don't think anyone can know whether it would be good *for you*. We're saying that we wouldn't like it, but that's just us.

It may be a great breakfast or snack for you.

A breakfast of 250 calories of juice would just leave me hungry and cranky. For someone else, it may be a great start to their day.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Try it and see how you feel.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options

literally no one said anything even close to this ???
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't waste 250 calories on a smoothie for breakfast or a snack. It wouldn't be filling at all for me. If I was going to drink my calories, I'd drink a protein shake for less calories than that.
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Would never have it. Very calorie dense for not much reward. Would rather eat fruit and a serving of protein.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I would still be hungry after drinking that for absolutely no benefit. 250 calories and $$$ wasted.

But like others have said, if it satiates you and you enjoy it, there's no reason not to have it as long as it fits in your goals.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I'd drink one if I was thirsty and on the go. I like their Blue Machine.

P.S. You could easily blend that up at home and make a 100 calorie glass if you wanted to.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I've done it both ways. I work in sales, and sometimes all I have time to do is drink something to keep me going. I'm also not a fan of feeling very full at meals, so I'll use drinks with calories in addition to eating a couple of eggs and a protein bar.

Realize, in both cases, I use it because I don't have much time and I don't want to feel stuffed.