31 Years Old, Looking to lose 45 Pounds

Options
zenandchaos
zenandchaos Posts: 8 Member
edited July 2018 in Motivation and Support
Hello all! The name's Jaimie!

I'm looking for some motivation and support from some like-minded individuals! Here's a bit about me =)

I never thought I would be here, when I was 18, at 115 pounds I thought I was fat just because I had a little tummy pooch. I would give anything to only have that tummy pooch right now! Well, almost anything.. right now I have a major sugar and fast food addiction and thinking about giving up those things makes me sad and I really don't like feeling sad over something so silly. Now I am 31 and 165 pounds and I am squishy all over!

I am lightly involved in some workout programs, it's difficult for me to get motivated to work out these days. I have limited work out space and sometimes it makes the moves difficult, however I think maybe, just maybe, I'm using this as an excuse, too! Where I lived it's been an extremely hot and rainy late spring/early summer and this has torn me away from my daily 3-5 mile walks I was taking when the weather was more tolerable, those walks not only made me feel better physically but also they were my chance to put my headphones in and tune out the world, getting my thoughts back in reasonable order.

Somehow, I am at my highest weight ever. (I say somehow as if I don't know what I'm stuffing into my face regularly.) and this is concerning for many reasons. I have extremely low energy, my body is aching in ways I never imagined it would!

As another side note, I don't usually keep junk food at home. However, I work in a bakery and this makes staying away from excess sweets IMPOSSIBLE because there is always something left over to munch on. I have will-powered through it before but it feels so difficult sometimes when I am stressed and I ultimately fall off the wagon and sometimes, like now, I get run over by it!

I have an instagram, my username is Press_Reset and I am aiming to post motivational and self progress photos from this point forward. I have a new set of goals and this goal set has no 'end date' or 'complete by' date. I have arranged my weight loss goals into an alphabetized list, focusing on one pound at a time for the first five pounds and then two pounds at a time thereafter, for example...

A-165
B-164
C-163
D-162
E-161
F-160
G-158
H-156
I-154

...and so on! Letter Z bringing me to my ultimate goal of 120lbs! I would love it if my fellow thirty-somethings, or anyone for that matter, who has 40+ pounds to lose to join me on this journey! I would love it if we supported each other and helped each other through not only the great days but also through the ones when we feel anything but great and we only want ice cream for all three meals.

So who's with me!? Find me on instagram or message me here and we can help each other do this!

Replies

• nat_meister
    nat_meister Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 this year and would like to lose around 50ish pounds. I'll find you on Instagram later! :)
  • camel2403
    camel2403 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 30s and also looking to lose around the same weight. I've decided to.gp sugar free so feel free to add me and we can motivate each other and support each other. It might also be good to be accountable and be able to say we did good food buying!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 30, female, one month ago I was at my highest weight ever, and I love long walk with my eadphones in to tune out the world too! So feel free to add me if you want my support :)
  • pennykels
    pennykels Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 at the end of the month and looking to lose around the same as you. I completely understand how you feel. Feel free to add me - I'll find you on instagram in the meantime :smile:
  • JameyLynn84
    JameyLynn84 Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You can do it 💪🏼 I’m 34 and started off wanting to lose 60lbs, I’ve lost 23lbs so far and have another 37lbs to go. All you ladies can feel free to add me
    [edited by mods]
  • haalastar846
    haalastar846 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 31 and wanting to lose 50-55lbs!!! I'll add you and we can encourage each other!
  • Camigwen
    Camigwen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I’m 36 and looking to lose another 40 - 50 lbs, not sure yet as it will partly depend on how I feel. I was always the skinny kid at 110-115 and realistically underweight. I wish I could go back to the very first time I thought I was fat (135 with a healthy BMI for the first time in my life) and give my former self a swift kick!

Add me if you’d like, I keep my diary open.