Flaxseed Oil and Omega3-6-9?

Options
Hi all,

I have been taking an Omega 3-6-9 capsule (x2) everday. However, I have just recently started adding 1 tbsp. of flaxseed oil to my morning smoothie. I was wondering if I should continue to take the omega capsules as well or if the oil will be enough?

Thank you!

Replies

• Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi Teasie,

You shouldn't take omega 3-6-9 capsules since the effects of the omega 9 is counterproductive with the omega 3's and cancel them. You should take omega 3 and 9 separetely.
  • Brittney24
    Brittney24 Posts: 105
    Options
    Omega 6 aren't the ideal omega due to their inflammatory properties. You're best to take omega 3 by itself. I'd take a fish oil supplement instead of a flax seed supplement however since there will be more EPA and DHA which are the omega 3s that you want to target.
  • dreaasha
    dreaasha Posts: 31
    Options
    i'm a vegetarian, so I can't take Omega 3's, most of them come from fish. So I take flaxseed oil. I've been told it has the same effects.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Just take 5g of fish oil daily, and 1 tbsp of flaxseed oil daily.

Flaxseed oil has really good benefits taken over a long period of time.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Agree on the fish oil. I personally dont eat more then 2g because I cant get good pharmaceutical grade fish oil, but I will try to buy it from USA and hope it wont kill my budget.
    Fish oil has DHA i EPA but flaxseed oil has ALA that turns into DHA and EPA but it takes alot longer for your body to convert it.