Sugar =belly fat???

Options
Hi. Quick question... I'm a girl. But I struggle will belly fat the most. I'm already counting calories. I do watch my sugars already being insulin resistant. If I really cut the carbs would I see a dramatic difference in my tummy pudge???

Replies

• bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    As others have said.. I'm at a point where my arms and legs are lean and I've lost all face fat but I still have back and tummy fat. Just keep going :)
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bufger wrote: »
    As others have said.. I'm at a point where my arms and legs are lean and I've lost all face fat but I still have back and tummy fat. Just keep going :)
    I lose from upper body first. If it doesn't balance out, I'm going to look like a pretzel stick in a tomato. :smiley: I'll probably always have a bit of a pooch myself because I had three c-sections. Those muscles will never fully tone the way I'd like. It will get smaller, yes, but it would probably take surgery to be totally flat. (And I'm not big on the idea of unnecessary surgery, so....)

• Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My grandmother used to call a little belly pudge a "bread basket" and would tell her kids to skip bread for a few weeks and the bread basket would go away. That actually worked for me when I was a teenager and had an amazing metabolism. :-) (Gosh do I miss the days when I could just not eat one thing I used to eat and lose a few pounds!)

That being said, no, you won't spot reduce, but eliminating sugary foods (assuming you don't start over eating other foods in return) is one way to cut your calories and lose weight, including the belly fat.
  • jenniferozzy
    jenniferozzy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    im also struggling with belly and back fat, im feeling quite disheartened !!
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Loss of weight is the only thing that can reduce it. Unfortunately for some, genetically, the tummy is the last place where you lose weight.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »
    Loss of weight is the only thing that can reduce it. Unfortunately for some, genetically, the tummy is the last place where you lose weight.

Yup - you cannot spot reduce. Only way to reduce fat in one specific area to to minimize your overall bodyfat %:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • FlySuperWhoLock
    FlySuperWhoLock Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I'll just continue to press on and not stress so much about it!! I have genetics working against me also since I am an apple shape. Just have to watch how pants sart fitting 😉