8 WEEK CHALLENGE - 40+ FITNESS

Options
I'd like to start a New Challenge today, Mon 8/15/11 and invite anyone else to join me!

It seems like the older I get, the harder it is to maintain my weight and those nasty 10lbs have creeped up on me over the last year or two! I'm going to Mexico in October and want to strut that bikini once again!

Hoping that we can motivate each other to get past those fitness busters! Mine are: late night snacking and the overall exhaustion that comes with working long hours...but I'm ready to put those excuses away and get fit!

Here are my personal goals - please feel free to join me! :flowerforyou:

Starting Weight: 137
Pounds to Lose: 10-12 lbs
3 Things I'd Like to Make a Habit: Drink More Water, Exercise Every Day, Stop Mindless Snacking
Motivation: Wearing that White Bikini

Replies

• lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'm interested, too.
  • ekm321
    ekm321 Posts: 6
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 40+ :) and just trying to get back into good habits. I need to lose about 40 pounds, but I need to get those habits back in control first.
  • sorkat
    sorkat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Count me in :-)
  • Blessed917
    Blessed917 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Count me in i'm 40+ and need to lose 20 by Nov 30th.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'M IN WITH YA!!!!! 40 may be the new 30 but MAN, someone needs to tell the weight that one! Definitely not as easy to shed in this decade! THe more motivation I have to stay on track the better!!!!!!! I will friend request you!

Starting weight: 143.5
    Goal weight: 130-135

Habits I have started and want to maintain: drinking lots of water, at least 80 oz a day, exercise 60 minutes everyday, limit junk food treats, use more weight lifting in workouts.

Habits yet to come: create weight lifting routine to do 2 times a week, eat treats every other day as opposed to everyday

Motivation: seeing that belly disappearing for the first time EVER!!!!!!!
  • fb1960
    fb1960 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm in! Definitely over 40...over 50! (51).

Let's do this...anything in particular?
  • skinnywiththree
    Options
    I'm in! It will help motivate me, and I want to lose 40-50 by January 2012!:smile:
  • mardec28
    mardec28 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    BTW All: I'm working with a personal trainer 1-2 times a week (in additional to kickboxing classes) and will be sharing strength training exercises that she has put together for me to do on my "off" days. She definitely kicks my butt, but in just 2 weeks I already feel a difference in my endurance and my pants aren't as snug! Maybe they can help you too --

I've also found the Food tracker here to be an amazing resource and its opened my eyes to the amount of sugars and carbs in even healthy foods. For instance, fresh peaches have alot of sugar! So I'm trying to make sure to mix it up and not rely just on one type of food.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free and post or message me.

THANKS!!
  • Whopooh
    Whopooh Posts: 50
    Options
    I would love to join your group. Over the last few months I have lost about 15 pounds and am really scared I'm going to slide back into my old and very bad eating habits. Just finished a weight loss challenge with my sisters and walked a 5k so I'm a little bit up in the air on what to do next and feel a little unfocused.

For the end of October my goals are:
    1. Lose 10 more lbs.
    2. Start P90X
    3. Keep motivated
  • babettebodiene
    babettebodiene Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm new and would love to join. I'm 41 and lost 7 stones a few years ago.
    Then slowly put 2 back on but have got them off again.
    I'd like to work on getting 5-7 more off but more importantly
    to get my saggy butt to the gym to tone up!!

:)

BB
  • mardec28
    Options
    OK - Here are the exercises my trainer wants me to work up to for the days that I am not either working with her or in kickboxing class: Many of these incorporate 5 lb weights for me (a heavier weight for a man):

Tricep dips (off chair): 15 (2-3 sets)
    tricep extensions in bridge position: 15 (2-3 sets)

Legs:(do this leg series twice)
    lunges: 3 sets of 10 each leg back to back (2 count down and 2 count up)
    wall squats: 1 minute

bicep curls: 25 (2-3 sets). 2 count up and 2 count down.
    pushups: 15 regular pushups, on toes. (1 set)

Cardio: (do this cardio series twice, with a 60 second rest in between the two series).
    burpees: 15x
    jumping frog squats: 1 minute
    plyo jumping jacks (jumping jacks combined with squat) 1 minute

Abs:
    Situps (standard, elbows touching knees): 100
    crunches: 50
    hip lifts: 50

BTW -- we hooked up the Wii Fit last night (finally!). While the first few exercises seem extremely tame (for us at least since we've already started working out), it does get progressively more challenging!
  • pennytxk
    Options
    I'd love to be part of your challenge:smile::smile:
  • mardec28
    Options
    By Friday, I will distribute a spreadsheet with Members who want to Continue this Challenge. If you haven't already, please FRIEND ME for inclusion on the list.

Also if you haven't, please include your current 8 Week Goal as well as Daily Goals which you'd like to incorporate. If you'd like to also provide your starting stats: Age, Current Weight, Current Height (so I can list BMI), Goal Weight.

ALSO, I am completely new to this so any suggestions are more than welcome!!! This is a collaboration!!!

THANKS! :glasses: