Keto and/or intermittent fasting ideas

Options
SJBalarezo
SJBalarezo Posts: 7 Member
I love the keto diet absolutely love it! What makes it even better for me is combining it with intermittent fasting. Please let me know your go-to keto secret recipes!! And if you are here for intermittent fasting ideas drop me some ideas that you do for intermittent fasting. What do you drink? How do you keep Cravings at Bay? What's the longest you've gone fasting?

Replies

• twkimbey89
    twkimbey89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven’t tried keto but I do IF and have no cravings anymore. After the first week of IF my body adjusted and I no longer get that feeling of being starving hungry anymore. I only drink water during the fast and right now I’m doing 18 hours of fasting with a 6 hour eating window. Eventually wanting to go to 20/4. Never tried a prolonged fast myself but considering a 3 day water fast.
  • Aloskii
    Aloskii Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need Keto recipes for meal prepping
  • dholl53
    dholl53 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts cut in half roasted with butter garlic powder and sea salt is my go to side for a meal. I do OMAD during the week and try and eat two meals on the weekend. The longest fastbi did was 72 hours a few weeks ago and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I would have went longer but my wife made me make dinner👅
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Steak or chicken in creamy parmesan sauce with spinach, carmalized onions, and mushrooms. Cook steak or chicken as normal (I cook it with minced garlic) Sauté mushroom and onions in butter. Warm heavy cream in a skillet, and stir in parmesan cheese until thoroughly incorporated. Add meat and all vegetables into the cream.

I’ve been craving pepperoni lately so I use a low carb wrap from xtreme wellness and roll up pepperoni and mozzarella with a little tomato sauce and microwave until cheese is melted.

Roasted, boneless, skinless chicken thighs tossed on a salad.

Melt some queso into cream cheese and mix in shredded chicken and taco seasoning (I use Taco Bell’s). It’s delicious on its own or as a burrito. It’s incredibly easy and can be thrown in a crockpot.
  • phinajosh70
    phinajosh70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How is the weight loss going?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I have done partial fasts. I still drink coffee with a bit of cream and some protein powder in it, so I'm still getting a couple of hundred calories. I've done that for three days once. I'll skip a day of eating every week or two if not hungry. I tend not to eat until after noon as it is.
    mojo6812 wrote: »
    Just started keto and was reading up on fasting, would you say fasting is a necessary part of the keto diet?

It's not, but some people start IF after doing keto a while. Keto can lead to a reduced appetite so the desire to eat is lessened.

Snow with IR like to include it as fasting has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity even without weight loss.
  • Mazda_Mx5
    Mazda_Mx5 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I am trying this as well Ketos and IF .
    I have read people have great results .
  • biglunarstudios
    biglunarstudios Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try one meal a day, and sleep more hours.
    A morning may consist of bulletproof coffee, some eggs and bacon, or some pork belly or whatever keto-friendly food you like.
    You should not feel hungry all day. If you sleep earlier you won't have to deal with being hungry later.