Airing of Grievances! (Or: what ticked you off today?)

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Where do I start?

We had a Major plumbing issue in our home. The solution: Re-pipe the entire house

That means, ripping out huge sections of drywall and routing new water lines everywhere. That is, all the bathrooms, kitchen, laundry, new water heater, new R.O. etc. etc. (not a cheap date either).

This will ultimately lead to new dry wall and paint throughout the entire home and also the remodeling of a bathroom and a new master bedroom addition.... probably another garage too.

..... also yesterday, I had our roof repaired. good timing too, because yesterday we had a storm of Biblical proportions.

The garage roof had a leak (thank God not the house itself) and we had a micro burst that uprooted one of our trees.

The tree is (was) about 20 feet tall. the same micro burst took out one neighbor's palo verde tree & flag pole and another neighbor's block wall came tumbling down.

Would tearing down the house and rebuilding from scratch be easier?

Hate to hear things like this, major ouch and pain.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Where do I start?

We had a Major plumbing issue in our home. The solution: Re-pipe the entire house

That means, ripping out huge sections of drywall and routing new water lines everywhere. That is, all the bathrooms, kitchen, laundry, new water heater, new R.O. etc. etc. (not a cheap date either).

This will ultimately lead to new dry wall and paint throughout the entire home and also the remodeling of a bathroom and a new master bedroom addition.... probably another garage too.

..... also yesterday, I had our roof repaired. good timing too, because yesterday we had a storm of Biblical proportions.

The garage roof had a leak (thank God not the house itself) and we had a micro burst that uprooted one of our trees.

The tree is (was) about 20 feet tall. the same micro burst took out one neighbor's palo verde tree & flag pole and another neighbor's block wall came tumbling down.

You need my help?
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Apparently pandas should die :|
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Where do I start?

You need my help?

Darn right I too !
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Where do I start?

Ha. Nope.

At least it's all new plumbing; I won't be doing this again anytime soon.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited July 2018
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    I have an ant infestation in my CAR. And I keep a clean car. A much, much cleaner car than average. I vacuum and dust often and I clean and treat the leather. I don't leave trash in my car and I get onto the other people who DO. This is who I am as a person.

But last week, we were leaving on a trip and our daughter drove us to the airport. I'd been sipping a Coke Zero and in the hullabaloo at the airport drop off, I forgot to bring it with me. It was almost empty, so that shouldn't be a big deal, right? An almost-empty coke zero can in your cupholder for a few days? She picked us up on Monday and I threw the can away when we got home. But Tuesday, I discovered those teeny tiny sugar ants around the console. I squished about 7 or 8 of the little suckers. Cleaned out my car again, put in an ant bait. But I saw another one this morning, so they're still not gone.

This is BS. I know a lot of people that keep messy cars and they've never gotten ants. Shoot, my own husband drives a giant 3rd row SUV and the danged kids leave food back there in the third row all the time that we don't find for weeks. Half-eaten kolaches, candy wrappers, you name it. HE'S never gotten ants. My ex-husband's car always had a million Dr. Pepper bottles floating around in the backseat. HE never got ants. The ants are unfairly targeting me.

I had a flea infestation 3 years ago after bringing home a rescue cat from an animal shelter, fleas were all in my house, I mean everywhere in such a short period of time. We ended up removing all the carpet and laying down hardwoods.

I am not sure what's worse fleas or ants. I hope you get it cleared up soon.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

Yeah, what the heck was that about

Not sure. I was going to post something but i came here and aired my grievances. Most bizarre stance to take.
  • BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a chipmunk infestation.

I have a wood infestation and not enough beavers....

**sorry...just sounded like an @LMNOP55 remark

So you're not getting enough beaver?
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Where do I start?

Ha. Nope.

At least it's all new plumbing; I won't be doing this again anytime soon.

Very true. The upside which is very hard to see right now I know, after you get done you will be living in a new home for sure.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Apparently, they're lazy and eat too much junk food.

I've got a couple of teenagers at home that ought to die, too.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »

Apparently, they're lazy and eat too much junk food.

I've got a couple of teenagers at home that ought to die, too.

:D:D
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options

I saw that too, I didn't get it either :(
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    kid - I'M BORED
    parent- what do you want to do?
    kid- I dunno , there is nothing to do
    Kid proceeds to reject all suggestions and lay around whining until they start getting assigned chores when they suddenly become busy and interested in something.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have a very short summer. Tourists from all over the place flock here. They buy all of the food off the shelves and some like to drop in unannounced and use my home like a flophouse. I don't care if they ever come here again. They expect laundry and linen service, eat all of the food and don't replace it. I often just pack my bags and leave when they tell they're coming so I don't have to put up with it. Some will put up tents in the backyard or pull their camper in when I'm gone, hooking up to the utilities. They're resourceful. It happens every year and if I want company, I'll find it.

When I'm on here, alot, it's just a way of distracting myself so I don't throw all of their things out into the front yard. Bye, Felicias, Bye.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Okay this is petty.. But... whatever.

A while ago, my co-workers stole pens off my desk (nice ones). They are the ones that clicked, and I had a bad habit of clicking the pen when I was on the phone. Some people doodle.. I clicked. So, the GIRLS decided to take all my pens that clicked (ones with no caps) and distribute them out to the CSRs that already had the same pens as me. Okay great.. Didn't make too big of a scene of it, well besides putting my stapler down a little harder than normal, or click it a few extra times, or clicking my nails on my desk a while....or typing a little louder than normal. No pettiness here.

Our accounting clerk decided to tell me that she cannot order those pens anymore. I didn't even as the lady too. I told my boss and she agreed how freaking petty it is and sad. I didn't do anything more, because technically the owner bought them for us, so company property. So, I told her that I am going to buy my own pens, and she said that if anyone takes any of my property off my desk, she will take care of it. (Which is what this whole thing was about, that they took something out of my area out of spite.)

Anyways, had to give the book above to get to the reason I am a little upset today. The Accounting clerk that purchased these pens in the first place for the CSRs and whom told me she was not allowed to purchase special pens anymore, turned around and purchased a bad *kitten* set of pens for the two co-workers by me. What?? Pens are Pens, I am not upset about that.. I just don't like the sneakiness and favoritism to certain co-workers there. The funny thing is these same females talked so much *kitten* when I first started, because my boss was my ex-sister in law (married to my brother that passed away) and I've known her since I was 12. However, she has never never shown me favoritism, I always busted my *kitten* to make her proud.

(I know there are grammatical errors above.. I don't feel like fixing it, you can if you want.)
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options

A while ago, my co-workers stole pens off my desk (nice ones). They are the ones that clicked, and I had a bad habit of clicking the pen when I was on the phone. Some people doodle.. I clicked. So, the GIRLS decided to take all my pens that clicked (ones with no caps) and distribute them out to the CSRs that already had the same pens as me. Okay great.. Didn't make too big of a scene of it, well besides putting my stapler down a little harder than normal, or click it a few extra times, or clicking my nails on my desk a while....or typing a little louder than normal. No pettiness here.

Our accounting clerk decided to tell me that she cannot order those pens anymore. I didn't even as the lady too. I told my boss and she agreed how freaking petty it is and sad. I didn't do anything more, because technically the owner bought them for us, so company property. So, I told her that I am going to buy my own pens, and she said that if anyone takes any of my property off my desk, she will take care of it. (Which is what this whole thing was about, that they took something out of my area out of spite.)

Anyways, had to give the book above to get to the reason I am a little upset today. The Accounting clerk that purchased these pens in the first place for the CSRs and whom told me she was not allowed to purchase special pens anymore, turned around and purchased a bad *kitten* set of pens for the two co-workers by me. What?? Pens or Pens, I am not upset about that.. I just don't like the sneakiness and favoritism to certain co-workers there. The funny thing is these same females talked so much *kitten* when I first started, because my boss was my ex-sister in law (married to my brother that passed away) and I've known her since I was 12. However, she has never never shown my favoritism, I always busted my *kitten* to make her proud.

(I know there are grammatical errors above.. I don't feel like fixing it, you can if you want.)

you should try clucking instead

::cluck::

Lol.. Believe I will do it. cluck cluck clucking all around this mf.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Anyways, had to give the book above to get to the reason I am a little upset today. The Accounting clerk that purchased these pens in the first place for the CSRs and whom told me she was not allowed to purchase special pens anymore, turned around and purchased a bad *kitten* set of pens for the two co-workers by me. What?? Pens are Pens, I am not upset about that.. I just don't like the sneakiness and favoritism to certain co-workers there. The funny thing is these same females talked so much *kitten* when I first started, because my boss was my ex-sister in law (married to my brother that passed away) and I've known her since I was 12. However, she has never never shown me favoritism, I always busted my *kitten* to make her proud.

easy solution

buy one of these.

place it on your desk and then walk away

let nature take it's course

5PCS-Electric-Shock-Pen-Promotional-Fancy-Ball-Point-Pen-Shocking-Shock-Toy-Gift-Prank-Trick-Fun.jpg_640x640.jpg