Good news from the doc.

Options
Yesterday I went for my 6 month blood pressure checkup and I decided to do a little experiment in preparation for it. I have lost a good amount of weight recently so I decided to go off my BP med two weeks ago to see what my actual BP would be off the meds. Yesterday at the doc office it was 144/84 which is still a bit high but a hell of a lot better than the 162/100 when I was put on meds 3 years ago. The doc agreed to let me continue not taking the meds however I have to track my BP and come back in 2 months. Along with that she printed out a graph of my weight upon visits for the last 10 years. I was my heaviest at 322lbs 3 years ago and I'm now 256. I haven't weighed 256 in 5 years. I started making small changes when I hit 322 and was put on BP medicine but the huge changes started when I decided to do keto and IF. Since Easter 2018 (April 1) I have lost 52 lbs. I still have a ways to go but I'm loving this better way of eating and living! KCKO

Replies

• MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep going!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's a very rewarding milestone!
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congrats!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    That is good news. A lot of people don't realise that under the right circumstances when they lose weight they could get off certain meds. Kudos to you for working so hard toward that goal and succeeding.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you that you have figured out how to get yourself healthy again! Such awesome news! TFS.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    Amazing
  • DreaDarling87
    DreaDarling87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!