Ran my first Race!

Options
so this year i went from being 190, size 16, walking with a cane.... to 146, size 6, and compleating my first race!! the Warrior Dash ! a 5k with obsticals! way to much fun and i did the race in just over an hour.. (right in the middle for my age group)! go me! I would have never thought i could do this last year...

check out the race course... crazy!
http://warriordash.com/register2011_new_york.php

thanks for all the support on here!!
Karylee

Replies

• ltsax
    ltsax Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment.
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! What an accomplishment! Keep it up =)
  • AmyS618
    AmyS618 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm so excited to do the Warrior Dash this October!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Way to go!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • trinity77
    trinity77 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    well done! that's brilliant. :-)
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment. That course looks awesome (and super tough)!
  • pinkdaisy92
    pinkdaisy92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    That is great! How did you keep the motivation to keep going? I started at 190, got down to 165 and lost steam. I have gained 8 back and I want that energy back!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Yay, you! Great accomplishment! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great feeling!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    Great job! I'm so excited to do the Warrior Dash this October!

have fun!!!
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    AMAZING!! Congrats on all your success! I also ran my first 5k and know what at accomplishment it is! You should be very proud of yourself.
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    You picked a fun one for your first! Congrats on finishing your first...and here's to many more! (Speaking from experience, you'll be hooked on racing and want to do lots more!)
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    A super high five to ya! Congrats on your accomplishments, and better still, the choices you made to achieve them. Keep on chooglin!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You're a champion.... no, you're a warrior.
    Well done, I bet it felt great to finish.
    I have my first race (12km) in 10 days time!!
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    What a fantastic story! Congratulations on running the race!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    That is great! How did you keep the motivation to keep going? I started at 190, got down to 165 and lost steam. I have gained 8 back and I want that energy back!

keep going! i want to stop all the time.. lucky for me i have a really fantastic bunch of ladies that i work out with at zumba.. they are always up for something new. the last few weeks have been hard for me to stick with a diet.. i hope that as soon as the kids go back to school, and i go back to work that i can get back in the losing weight game again. i still have another 15+ to go. zumba toning starts wednesday.. so no rest! good luck!!!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!