Lose weight

Options
momoisgorgeousss
momoisgorgeousss Posts: 40 Member
edited July 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
can you lose 5 pounds with carido 3 days a week at 30 minuets and cleaning up your diet (I.e. no soda, no sugar, no desserts, no fast food/eating out) ?
Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    can you lose 5 pounds with carido 3 days a week at 30 minuets and cleaning up your diet (I.e. no soda, no sugar, no desserts, no fast food/eating out) ?
    Thanks

if you eat in a calorie deficit, yes.
  • momoisgorgeousss
    momoisgorgeousss Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks

Honestly, I tried tracking my calories, and it did work, but I ended up gaining th weight back + some (I’m assuming because I didn’t keep it up but why would I want to count calories forever) , so I don’t really want to track, I just want to know if elemenating all that stuff (junk) will help me loose weight.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight with no cardio, a "dirty" diet including soda, sugar, desserts, fast food/eating out as long as you have a calorie deficit.

You could also gain weight with a load of cardio and a clean diet if you have a calorie surplus.

Or you could find a happy middle ground perhaps?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks

Honestly, I tried tracking my calories, and it did work, but I ended up gaining th weight back + some (I’m assuming because I didn’t keep it up but why would I want to count calories forever) , so I don’t really want to track, I just want to know if elemenating all that stuff (junk) will help me loose weight.

you're on a calorie counting site, asking if you need to count calories....?!

if eliminating all those things puts you in a calorie deficit then yes, you will lose weight. is it sustainable? only you know the answer to that!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Thanks

I maintain without food logging.
    But I'm still calorie aware, if I need to drop a few pounds (I tend to be heavier in winter and lose weight in Spring) then I nibble away some calorie dense items. Low nutrition items from your list would be a sensible choice of course to reduce or eliminate if that's your choice.
    Labelling them as "junk" is missing the essential point that it's calorie balance that determines your weight loss/gain/maintenance whether you count calories or not.

If you substitute your "junk" foods with higher calorie "clean" foods you aren't going to lose weight.

Your plan seems to be essentially move more (I'm guessing as don't know your current exercise routine) and eat less (calories) so it certainly can work. It could also fail.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If doing that means you end up in a calorie deficit then yes.

That doesn't mean you need to count calories forever, because you don't. You do need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight though. If you cut out those things, but still eat an excess of calories on the other food then you won't.