Sport Bras?

I hate shopping for bras in general. But I also hate the bounce.

Suggestions for mid/high impact sports bras for a larger bust? 😕

Replies

• Camigwen
    Camigwen Posts: 41 Member
    Best advice I ever received was to check out r/ABraThatFits on reddit. They have some amazing resources for larger busts and great info on the different types of sports bras.
  • ColorMe_Beautiful24
    ColorMe_Beautiful24 Posts: 67 Member
    Teamleslie wrote: »
    I hate shopping for bras in general. But I also hate the bounce.

Suggestions for mid/high impact sports bras for a larger bust? 😕

Victoria secret has amazing bras for big breasts!!! Only catch is you have to go instore to get the larger sizes
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Panache sports bras are my JAM. I am a 34GG and i have wireless sports bras from them. I am so in love with this bra, it's made me feel like I can do all the things without popping out of my bra or bouncing all over the place. Highly recommend.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    I'm a 34 GG as well (UK sizing, so a little larger than a US 34GG). Most bras I buy are mail order from UK stores, since they make better bras for small backs and big girls. Panache is lovely; Underarmor is very good; my current favorite, though, is Brooks Embody. Underwired inner bra, with a non-underwired cover over it; fastens in the back good adjustable straps and a handy place to put your phone during a run.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited July 2018
    Don't know where you're located, but I buy all my sports bras from M&S. There is a specific one that I always get. They change the pattern and colours occasionally, but it's still the same bra. It's the (normally) black one with the zip up the middle. I have been buying different versions of this bra for a good few years now. And they last for ages. (I think the sizing goes up to DDs for the normal, I don't need to venture into the larger sizes than that, so I don't know for even larger sizes)

Also, bra shopping tip (that I wish I'd known sooner): Put the bra on, lean forward, and shimmy for 10 seconds. If those puppies bounce out, not good enough!
    With sports bras it's a slightly more vigorous jumping up and down and shimmy shaking. I like a nice tight sports bra so I'm looking for even less move. I do very high impact sport, so it's important to me.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Lane Bryant- the Cacique line.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    Deviette wrote: »
    Don't know where you're located, but I buy all my sports bras from M&S. There is a specific one that I always get. They change the pattern and colours occasionally, but it's still the same bra. It's the (normally) black one with the zip up the middle. I have been buying different versions of this bra for a good few years now. And they last for ages. (I think the sizing goes up to DDs for the normal, I don't need to venture into the larger sizes than that, so I don't know for even larger sizes).

M&S is where I buy my regular bras -- they are great, fit really well and are not at all expensive. But their sports bras are impossible to put on for me, because of that front zip -- really hard to get done up!

• fraukazi
    fraukazi Posts: 614 Member
    Shock absorber are great. Usually cheaper on amazon or ebay, compared to instore. But worth trying on before buying online, i found the band come out quite small
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    jrochest wrote: »
    Deviette wrote: »
    Don't know where you're located, but I buy all my sports bras from M&S. There is a specific one that I always get. They change the pattern and colours occasionally, but it's still the same bra. It's the (normally) black one with the zip up the middle. I have been buying different versions of this bra for a good few years now. And they last for ages. (I think the sizing goes up to DDs for the normal, I don't need to venture into the larger sizes than that, so I don't know for even larger sizes).

M&S is where I buy my regular bras -- they are great, fit really well and are not at all expensive. But their sports bras are impossible to put on for me, because of that front zip -- really hard to get done up!

That's really interesting, because I actually quite like that it's a tight fit! Although I don't have much of a problem getting into them, I find that they're more secure and less likely to move

Works for different people I guess :smile:
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    My newest one is an underarmour "heatgear " one that says Made for Me on the tag and zips up the front. they run really small....my mom bought this one and it was her normal size (40D) but fits me perfectly. I'm a 36D.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    edited July 2018
    I like Victoria’s Secret Knockout. They have sales such as buy one get one half off pretty often. The fit is tighter, which has been great for me since when I bought mine I was a 36DD and now I’m 34C and they’re still fine.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    Enell is by far the best sports bra I have ever owned. It's like a medieval torture device getting on, but the girls seriously do not move and it's actually quite comfortable given how secure it is.
  • gcconroy29
    gcconroy29 Posts: 85 Member
    Not sure what you mean by larger bust, I'm a D. I really like the C9 ones at Target. The high impact one I use for running are great, no movement at all. They hook like a normal bra in the back and took a while for me to be flexible enough to actually hook them in the back, very tight.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Whichever of the VS high impact line is comfiest to you. The Knockout is fantastic, that's the one with the inner cup and outer stretch layer - front close and adjust. I couldn't have got my run on in the early days without this bra.

More budget friendly, the molded cup cross back Champion bras at Target also did really well, though they can be entertaining to get into and more so out of when you are sweaty.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i do c9 too or whatever i can find at tjmaxx
  • gcconroy29
    gcconroy29 Posts: 85 Member
    Whichever of the VS high impact line is comfiest to you. The Knockout is fantastic, that's the one with the inner cup and outer stretch layer - front close and adjust. I couldn't have got my run on in the early days without this bra.

More budget friendly, the molded cup cross back Champion bras at Target also did really well, though they can be entertaining to get into and more so out of when you are sweaty.

That's what I was getting at. Putting them on and taking them off was a workout in itself.

Entertaining is a good word for it!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Enell is by far the best sports bra I have ever owned. It's like a medieval torture device getting on, but the girls seriously do not move and it's actually quite comfortable given how secure it is.

Just coming in to say this. They used to have a video on their website showing the science behind their design.
  • rego1203
    rego1203 Posts: 24 Member
    I use Victoria's secrets light weight max and angel max bras and love them. I'm also large busted and dont like bouncing all around when I run or do zumba.. try hem out. Once in a while they have some good sales on them too.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2018
    Camigwen wrote: »
    Best advice I ever received was to check out r/ABraThatFits on reddit. They have some amazing resources for larger busts and great info on the different types of sports bras.
    pbprincess wrote: »
    Panache sports bras are my JAM. I am a 34GG and i have wireless sports bras from them. I am so in love with this bra, it's made me feel like I can do all the things without popping out of my bra or bouncing all over the place. Highly recommend.

Both of these. Bratabase.com is also excellent for bra sizing and recommendations in general--and if your body shape is changing significantly, it can be hard to keep up with what size you currently wear.

I run in Panache underwired sports bras, which I have done in size 40DDD to size 32D, and many points in between during my weight loss process. They only make bras in D and up, so they are specifically designed for larger busts. Nothing moves that is not supposed to move. I LOVE my Panache bras. I love them so much that almost all of my everyday bras are either Panache or Cleo, their more "stylish" line.

Also...putting the Panache bra on is not torture like people are saying about some other sports bras. It fastens exactly like a normal bra, and has a little hook on one strap so you can convert it to a racerback if you want (which I do). No contorting to get in and out of your sports bra!
  • megsta91
    megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
    I'm a 38DDD that does a lot of cardio. I've been wearing Livi Active from Lane Bryant. They have a few different styles depending on the impact. It's the only bra that has kept me in place. It was about 50 bucks but very good quality.