What Song In Your Workout Playlist Gets You Moving?

Options
2»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    At the moment, I’m always hoping “the man” by the killers will come up. I use Spotify so it’s shuffle only!
  • lsutigerscage
    lsutigerscage Posts: 26 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Jump in the Line (Shake Senora) - Harry Belafonte. :D

It boosts my mood and I just have to MOVE!
  • khlokins
    khlokins Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tbh I'm not a hip-hop rap person.. but this song in particular always gets me in the zone to run lol

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pn1VGytzXus
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have Thunder - Imagine Dragons in one of my playlists too. I run with music nearly always and agree that it really sets the mood for running. I'll target songs where the bpm matches my goal cadence (spm), so I have a different playlist for 5 miles than for 20 miles, for example.

For race playlists where I'm trying to go faster regardless of distance, one of the songs I have in every one of them is The Race is On - Sawyer Brown? I normally don't listen to country except when running there are a few songs where both the bpm and the lyrics just work. The chorus on that song gets me going and I usually put it to replay over and over again in the last ~10 min. for my target time on a shorter race (plus more than 10 min. in case I'm behind goal) and even more in a longer race. After 3-4 times, I put another song in the middle so it stops being so repetitive and I can justify a bit of a break.

Another song where the lyrics and bpm fit is Impossible is Nothing - Iggy. I'll add Pump It - Black Eyed Peas. And for another country (old school) song: Photo Finish - Chris Ledoux.

ETA: I have some Tupac too - the best to get moving is Hit 'em Up.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Today's evening run was made better by Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop. I missed my morning run, and was antsy all day for skipping so I decided to go for an evening run. I was listening to a random radio station and this song came on at the exact moment I was thinking to myself "If someone told me I would WANT to run I would not have believed them, now I'm addicted". Nostalgia made it even better. It was one of my college commute songs.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Warrior & Indestructible by Disturbed. Especially the lyrics.
    The Trooper - Iron Maiden
    Seek & Destroy, and Justice for All & Master of puppets - Metallica
    A Warriors call - Volbeat
    Carry on - Avenged Sevenfold
    Never gonna stop - Rob Zombie
  • StoweTheStove
    StoweTheStove Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It definitely bounces around, but right now it is The Beautiful and Damned by G-Eazy.
  • Adanacian
    Adanacian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for these suggestions. My running playlist definitely needs a refresh. A lot of overlap between my running and "dance party" playlists on Spotify. Some favourites:
    • Tightrope - Janelle Monae
    • Make Me Feel - Janelle Monae
    • Born this Way - Lady Gaga
    • Tainted Love - Gloria Jones
    • Feel it Still - Portugal. The Man
    • One Way or Another - Blondie
    • Come out and play - The Offspring
    • Thunderstruck - ACDC
    • Twist and Shout - Chaka Demus & Pliers
  • sonarbabe
    sonarbabe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    kcs76 wrote: »
    Please believe me when I say that I think he's a garbage human being, but Stronger by Kanye gets me pumped

LOL! I feel that way about Justin Bieber's Love Yourself. I think he's a pathetic excuse for human flesh, but that song is REALLY catchy.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Lots of different ones at different times, but always,

Titanium - David Guetta (ft. Sia)
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The Disneys moanna and frozen sound track! Yeah i run to princess music 🤷‍♀️
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Also anything from SOAD.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    There are so many songs to choose from, but this version of Destiny's Child 'Survivor' by 2WEI never fails to get me motivated when I'm in the middle of a run. :)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0iC10hKsi20

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iC10hKsi20&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    THIS SONG should get you moving.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I find I choose my songs by how they make me feel or think during exercise, not by BPM. I'm a little bit childish and have a little bit too much imagination. I went for a walk and had "The Doors - People Are Strange" on my playlist. I'm not proud of it, but it was entertaining.
  • dmille2
    dmille2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Don’t listen to music while I run, but at the gym Pantera’s Domination & A New Level lights my *kitten* up!