looking for new friends and encouragement

Options
Hi! My name is Tammy and I am 37 years old. I have been over weight all my life and have been on many many diets. I have a daughter that will graduate this coming May and I would like to lose 50+ plus pounds by then. This is going to be very difficult for me and i am hoping with some encouragement from some new friends in the same boat, I can actually do it this time! I want to say to everyone out there i know this is difficult, but I know you can do it and congratulations to anyone out there that is doing this and has succeeded! :glasses: READY OR NOT HERE WE GO! :happy:

Replies

• is4031
    is4031 Posts: 71
    Options
    Welcome to the site, it has been helping me quite a lot. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • AndeeCS
    AndeeCS Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm completely new to this site as well, Tammy. I liked your message and encouragement is key when making life changes for sure. I'm 42 years old. I underwent gastric sleeve surgery in August of last year and lost about 100 pounds. I still weigh in around 180, which is still obese for my 5' 2" frame. I'm still losing though and hoping to make it into the healthy range by May of next year myself. I'm doing pretty well with my diet, but still need to be more consistant on exercising. How is your plan going so far?
  • TommyWR
    TommyWR Posts: 65
    Options
    Hey Tammy. You can do this. It wont be easy all the time, but this site makes it seem that way. Feel free to add me if you like. I have a long trip too!
  • ruthkennedy
    ruthkennedy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy and welcome! This site is a fab place to be if you really want to succeed as everyone here is in the same predicament - be it the first couple of pounds or that last stuborn couple that just don't want to go.

There is support and advice on all sorts of stuff and people that will celebrate your successes with you.

Have sent you a friend request, good luck at the start of your journey

Ruth
    x
  • triski73
    triski73 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    welcome both of you! I think you will find a LOT of encouragement here!
  • casked
    casked Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Tammy - I'm completely new, too, and am also 37. I've always been healthy and active, but gained weight during pregnancies - esp since I also developed hypothyroidism. I had lost about 40lbs, but after a knee injury made my bad knees worse, my activity level was limited and I put weight back on. I'm now at about 185 (on a good morning!) and am hoping to take off a pound a week for the next 40 weeks or so - so I will be right there with you until May! Hope that we can help eachother.
  • tmtbaker
    Options
    hoping we can encourage each other as well. we have a long 9 months ahead of us,......but i KNOW WE CAN DO IT! HAPPY THOUGHTS AND A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! GOOD LUCK AND KEEP ME POSTED!
  • tmtbaker
    Options
    thanks ruth....will need all the encouragement i can get for awhile until i get a routine down. and best of luck to you on your journey too! :happy:
  • tmtbaker
    Options
    BEST OF LUCK TO YOU TOMMY! you have done great so far....keep that up.
  • tmtbaker
    Options
    Hello! CONGRATULATIONS on your loss to far. the exercise is my problem too. between the two of us we will make this work! BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR CONTINUED WEIGHT LOSS!
    tammy