I pee a lot

Options
I never watched how much water I drink in a day. I always thought that I drank enough water as I always seem to be drinking it throughout the day. However, I must have been wrong. Now that I’m tracking my water to make sure I get at least 8 glasses a day, I’ve noticed something…I pee a lot! Seriously, all day long I have to go to the bathroom now that I’m forcing myself to drink water.

I’m only one week into MFP, will I continue to experience frequent bathroom stops or will my body get use to the 8+ glasses of water a day?

I’m not complaining about this, I’m just stating a fact that I truly do pee a lot. Is there anyone else out there with me on this?

Thanks, Kevin

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Options
    LOL join the gang!:tongue:
  • sgriddler
    sgriddler Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You will continue to pee a lot.....
  • Traci663
    Traci663 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    omg! So do I! I drink around a gallon of water a day and I feel like thats all I do....The bathroom at work is kind of a walk so at least im getting some exercise in!!
  • gforcex4
    gforcex4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    YES! I was all excited the other night to go for an interval walk/run. Barely made it a mile before I had to go to the bathroom & I was nowhere near a bathroom so had to cut that one short. Lesson learned there anyway to run somewhere I can make a quick pit stop. BUT think of the extra calories we burn too walking so many times to the bathroom. Ha, ha! Keep up the good work!!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Your body will adjust in time. You will still probably pee more frequently then you used too, but it's a GOOD thing.

As for water intake, that becomes second nature after a while.I'm to the point now where i have usually hit the 8 cup mark by 11:30 am. With an average day ending with around 16-20. Other than a glass of milk with dinner, that is about all I drink anymore.
  • Marie92281
    Marie92281 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have also been doing MFP for 3 days and I quit pop and drinking water and I feel like I pee alot to.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I had that issue when I first upped my water...Now I drink about 12+ glass a day, and pee "normal"...If your pee is clear or almost clear, your well hydrated! :)
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    as long as you make it to the toilet... ur just fine!!
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    This is the worst part about drinking a lot of water.. I drink about 14 cups a day right now and am constantly going to the bathroom. It makes going out or going on roadtrips a little difficult lol.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You really only need to drink enough liquid so that your pee is clear or a light yellow. Anything after that doesn't do anything other than make you pee more.
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I now know I'm not alone.
  • goldnanoparticle
    goldnanoparticle Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a 12 hour car ride with my parents in a week. It might have to be 13 hours for this reason :)
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Ditto here. I make sure I pee before I start anything that I won't want interrupted for 30 minutes....What I need to do now is figure out how early to stop drinking water so I don't have to get up so often in the middle of the night to pee! You are not alone!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I’m not complaining about this, I’m just stating a fact that I truly do pee a lot. Is there anyone else out there with me on this?

Thanks, Kevin

Well, Im going to complain! lol I knew when I increased my water intake, there would be more "pee'age" involved, but seriously? This much? I seriously thought there was something medically wrong with me. It's one thing to be a frequent potty goer, but it's another when you take care of business only to have the urge to go AGAIN shortly after. And by urge, I mean, "MY FREAKING BLADDER IS GOING TO EXPLODE IF I DON'T GET TO A TOILET.....STAT!" And then it's not even a racehorse pee...it's more like a tinkle tinkle! UGH!! And Im tellin' ya....doesn't that make me a joy to travel with?! My dh is fit to be tied when I say..."I need to got to the bathroom" for umpteenth time during a 3 hr trip. Then I get to the point where Im actually eyeing those McD cups and wondering, "if worse comes to worse...I could pee in one of those, right?" The visual is to much to handle, but yes, it probably could be done! And would I be able to squat at the side of the road if need be? Traumatizing my children in some desperate attempt to empty my bladder yet again. What's next? Depends?? Astronaut diapers?? That has yet to be seen....but don't count it out just yet!! :laugh:
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It might not be good but I can hold it for quite sometime now...except when i run...Ugh...Get about 15-20 into an awesome run and the need hits me. Then the rest of the run I struggle with getting back "in the zone" :)
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    same here but it's been about 2 weeks now and my body is starting to adjust :)
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    going to the toilet is the only exercise I get LOL

add to that it is Ramadan and I have to wake up at 3am drink several glasses of water, stop at dawn and not drink until sunset and then tank up until I collapse into sleep,

I cannot go back to sleep at dawn because I need to keep peeing for hours from the predawn liquids, and then in the evening/early night I cannot sleep again, sucks being me,

whose idea was this fast thing??? oh yeah, God's,

and then I see those Somolias on the news and I am ashamed, they would dearly love to complain about too much clean delicious drinking water,

and they do not have to diet!!!!

yes your body will adjust somewhat, I just try to visualize all those burnt fat cells every time I flush,
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you are peeing that much then you are probably drinking more water than your body needs.
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    interesting, I just keep hearing about flushing the body etc, does anyone else agree that too much water is possible, I do not mean the serious too much but just the little more than enough, the other day I did read a headline that 8 glasses was not really correct, speak up, my bathroom tissue bills are mounting
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Your body will get rid of any excess water that it doesn't need, BUT it will also waste the water if you've not got any sodium to help absorb it. If I'm drinking water (especially in the summer heat and with the risk of dehydration) and peeing it back out a few minutes later, I grab a few pretzels or a slice of cheese and munch on that, and then continue drinking the water. The sodium will help your body absorb it and use it instead of just putting it back out :)