ANY TASTY HEALTHY SNACKS TO BUY OR MAKE YOURSELF?

Options
Hello everyone! I’m brand new to this site
I wanted to ask you all what are some healthy but tasty snacks you love, if you buy them where? And if you prepare it yourself, would you mind sharing it?
I would love to know more about healthy snacks to eat because I’m really struggling to get to know new stuff I can try and not get back to my old high fat and carbs snacks like chips
Thank you all for reading!!

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I really like nut thins. They are a rice/nut based cracker that is very crunchy. I usually have a 6 with an ounce of cracker cut cheese squares(176 cal, 11g carbs, 10g fat). Currently, my fave evening snack is 250g of strawberries (80 calories, 19g carbs, 1g fat). I have an Aldi and love their pantry snacks, there are lots of good options. Read the labels and find things that you like, but not too much so that you might overeat them. (At least that's what I have to worry about!). Good luck!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Edamame bean pods. If you like spicy have with sriracha sauce.

Pretzels.

A yogurt cup.
  • stfpa
    stfpa Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes are alright, they help when you want something sweet and for me, it’s much harder to overeat frozen grapes rather than regular grapes.

Halo top/Arctic zero ice cream is around 250-300 calories for a whole pint. Of course, it doesn’t taste as good as real ice cream but it tastes good for what it is! I add coconut whip cream to it which is only 25 calories.

A bowl of cereal with almond milk and a few freeze dried strawberries comes out to 160 calories and it’s pretty filling.

Rice cakes with a laughing cow cheese wedge is good too! :-)
  • walking2running
    walking2running Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    nature makes my tasty snacks. nuts, fruit. yum.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    It depends on what I am in the mood for, how long before the next meal and how hungry I am.

With MFP you can add meals to your diary. Since "they" say it is good to eat six small meals rather than three large meals, I added three more meals to my diary.
    Breakfast
    MID MORNING SNACK
    Lunch
    AFTERNOON SNACK
    Dinner
    LATE EVENING SNACK.

Most of the time I just still to the main three meals but if I do grab an afternoon snack I have a place for it in the diary.

Lately I have been munching on dried seaweed, but I like anything crunchy.
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love
    Greek yoghurt with fruit
    Toast with peanut butter & strawberries
    Toast with avo
    Toast with a smashed up egg
    Crunchy veg with low fat tzatziki
    Beans & spinach microwaved with some pesto
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Low carb (Carbmaster at Kroger) or light greek yogurt. Most are 70-90 cal, but Dannon makes a light greek that comes with a topping and is delicious for 130 cal.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I saw a pin on Pinterest for "yoghurt bark" and it was basically sweeten some Fage however you want and spread it on some parchment paper and freeze it. I did it with some blueberries in it and while crazy looking it was a nice change of snack.

Other easier snacks:
    Lunch packs of Goldfish crackers
    Lunch packs of nut thins
    Lunch packs of any cookie, let's be honest
    Kozy Shack "eat well" tapioca and rice pudding
    Cashews
    Tangerines
    Smashmallow flavoured marshmallows
    Popcorn
    Freeze dried fruit
    Rice cakes
    Pita and hummus
    Wasa crisp breads with laughing cow or hummus or whatever
    Pickles

Right now it's all about cherries and nectarines tho.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The problem with your question is that most foods people like to snack on, they like just because they are high in carbs and fat, salt and sugar, easy to eat and has simple, intense flavors, while nutritious foods, like you would normally eat for a meal, are less exciting to the untrained palate, and takes more work to combine, prepare and eat. I want to empasize that - when you get used to it, ordinary food can taste just as amazing, more subdued and diverse, not overwhelming and numbing, the way snack foods taste, and the effort can make your meal feel more rewarding and satisfying.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    It depends on what I am in the mood for, how long before the next meal and how hungry I am.

With MFP you can add meals to your diary. Since "they" say it is good to eat six small meals rather than three large meals, I added three more meals to my diary.
    Breakfast
    MID MORNING SNACK
    Lunch
    AFTERNOON SNACK
    Dinner
    LATE EVENING SNACK.

Most of the time I just still to the main three meals but if I do grab an afternoon snack I have a place for it in the diary.

Lately I have been munching on dried seaweed, but I like anything crunchy.

"they" have been shown to be full of poop. Eat as many meals as you like, in a size that you like, in timing that suits you, but pay attention to your overall calorie goal.

OP - have you considered not snacking? Do you need to eat that many times a day? Would you be more satisfied if you ate bigger meals less often rather than spending calories on snacks?
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Nairn’s chocolate chip oat biscuits. 44 kcal per biscuit; helps a lot with chocolate/cookie cravings. Also gluten free and vegan, incidentally.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    For stuff done at home I used to eat frozen grapes and make kale chips in the oven
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love oven roasted chickpeas.

Dump a can out, pat them dry, spray lightly with cooking spray, cover with salt and your fav spices, bake for 30 minutes at 350.

Crunchy goodness
  • baconbutt1996
    baconbutt1996 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fresh raspberries with a dark chocolate chip smooshed into the centre. Simple and sweet!