That annoying puffy belly

Options
Hey,

Does anyone have any tips for getting rid of that minging bloaty, puffy belly bit? Obviously today i had salty food so that never helps, but even when I was thin it was always there, ruining outfits! My stomachs fairly flat apart from that budda belly. Ive tried loadsa water, less meat etc... any help? Thanks :)

Replies

• Kerry5524
    Kerry5524 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Totally agree....that is such a stubborn area. Everything else seems to be toning up except that bit!!
    Any tips welcome
    X
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'll always have problem with my lower abs due to 2 c-sections, but.... to help combat any bloatiness, I usually just try to drink lots of water, avoid salty and processed foods, and.... I'll try to drink at least 2 cups of green tea a day to help rid the water weight.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Diet. Eating clean helps. Limit processed food and eat tons of veggies and such.
  • twiggy_34
    twiggy_34 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Following a recent pedometer challenge at the GP practice where I work, a colleague joked that her thighs had lost bulk but it's a shame the same couldn't be said about her belly. One of the GP's said that if you walk like you're holding a £50 note (or $50 for some of you!) between your butt cheeks, it's great for helping to tone up your tummy muscles.

Unfortunately it's not a graceful gait to adopt in public, but I'm sure as hell giving it a go as & when I can, if I remember!
  • LorelieLee
    Options
    These are all good, thanks :) its just so stubborn! I actually took a tip from Jordan ( I know) to suck your belly in all the time and it tightens the muscles, now i can feel myself doing it all the time and it does feel like it does something.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Clean eating and core exercises is what helped me. Planks are one of the best for "toning" up a belly.
  • LorelieLee
    Options
    cool, will try and do more of them! Im going to try and eat less carbs too, see if that does anything
  • diiiimond
    diiiimond Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    stop eating processed foods and high fructose corn syrup. you'll be amazed at the difference.