85 lbs down! Pictures for days :)

Options
PartyKardy
PartyKardy Posts: 172 Member
edited July 2018 in Success Stories
My highest weight was 225lbs. I currently weigh 140lbs. I am 5’2 and hold most of my weight in my stomach. The struggle is so real!

5tue8x1bzb0q.jpeg
6j3ejxbg8s2l.jpeg
8vdue4ke5ya7.jpeg
umn86fz5wkxv.png

I lift heavy weights, currently I’m doing no cardio because I hate it but may start implementing it soon to get this last 10-15 lbs off haha.

I eat a Whole Foods plant based vegan diet. I don’t calorie restrict and usually come in at a little over 2000 calories everyday! (Which I usually don’t want to eat anymore after that. If I was still hungry I’d eat more)

I want anyone out there to know. If I can do it YOU CAN DO IT.
I’ve been fat my entire life.
I have hypothyroidism.
I used to be lazy AF.
I used to only eat junk food.
I used to hate myself.
But I did it :)

I don’t have an exact timeline for this loss because the first half of it sort of happened slowly over about a year and a half of not trying (I went vegan but didn’t eat healthy or exercise and lost about 40lbs anyway)

The second half took place from Jan of this year (I weighed 170) to now Where I weighed in at 140lbs this morning :) the final picture of the collage of from that latter half of my journey!

Replies

• Chewbac7777
    Chewbac7777 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great job look fantastic add me if you want
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Well done, babe! You look awesome (and happier!)
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congrats!
  • sruv
    sruv Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, girl!! Love you dedication.
  • Tracie422
    Tracie422 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats! No better feeling then achieving your goals!
  • binor
    binor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow impressive
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Excellent- you look amazing
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Did your hypothyroid issues lessen after going vegan? I'm struggling with hyperparathyroidism and the symptoms are similar so just asking. My energy is at a standstill..more like a sitstill ha! But I've been considering a vegan diet. Congrats on your weight loss! You look great and it gives me hope!
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing! Well done! So inspiring!!
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Wow, those pictures paint a truly impressive picture! Well done!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • PartyKardy
    Options
    Did your hypothyroid issues lessen after going vegan? I'm struggling with hyperparathyroidism and the symptoms are similar so just asking. My energy is at a standstill..more like a sitstill ha! But I've been considering a vegan diet. Congrats on your weight loss! You look great and it gives me hope!

Honestly a little. Once I switched to high carb vegan my energy went up a lot but I don’t think a vegan diet is a treatment for hypothyroidism.

I went vegan for ethical reasons so my hypo status didn’t affect that. I will say it didn’t hurt me at all but if you gav hashimotos make sure you watch your soy intake
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Congrats looking great!!
  • loavnger
    loavnger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You look amazing. How many times a week did you work out. You inspire me.
  • jlsmith4439
    jlsmith4439 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow you look stunning ! Absolute amazing chick 💕
  • PartyKardy
    Options
    loavnger wrote: »
    Congrats. You look amazing. How many times a week did you work out. You inspire me.

It changed so much I don’t even know how to answer that haha. Right now I’m working out 4 times per week. Lifting only zero cardio!

Honestly just start with whatever you can commit to and then build up from there!
  • mojonah
    mojonah Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the achievement. Not as easy task.
  • PartyKardy
    Options
    Candyspun wrote: »
    I’ve mentioned before that I have 3 pairs of jeans I’ve been working towards: size 10, 11 and 12 (Aussie sizes).

I fit all three, now!! I wouldn’t wear the 10 because technically they don’t fit comfortably, but this is the first time I’ve closed the button and zipper!

The 11 is the most comfy pair and I’m going to wear them tomorrow!

I also ordered a size 8 because I am sure I will get there. I want to have them here, so I can try them on and visualise myself in them. It helps so much to have the pants you want to wear in your hands.

CONGRATS! I recently put on a size 4 and it fit like a charm....I almost started crying haha I used to be a size 24 at my heaviest. It’s crazy what consistency can achieve
  • L0vAnj
    L0vAnj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hashimotos girl here too I have struggled with losing weight for an eternity this gives me courage, I also have a big fear of losing weight based on my comfort of being a big girl never ever known what it would be like to be a thinner me. Has the weight loss improved some of your symptoms for hashies? I am at 245lbs 5'1 pregnant waiting to pop the darling to get back on track. How do you feel emotionally and physically, is it different?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!