Back again after success. Seeking friends

Options
KJS_007
KJS_007 Posts: 8 Member
Back at this again! Lost weight a few years ago using MFP and Keto so lately I’ve noticed a few extra pounds sliding back in. Figured with re applying my Keto lifestyle and MFP I can lose those 15 pounds for good. Just need some gr at folks along the way!
I Have an open diary. Log daily. Support and motivate by posting. Let’s do this! 🖤

Replies

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    KJS_007 wrote: »
    Back at this again! Lost weight a few years ago using MFP and Keto so lately I’ve noticed a few extra pounds sliding back in. Figured with re applying my Keto lifestyle and MFP I can lose those 15 pounds for good. Just need some gr at folks along the way!
    I Have an open diary. Log daily. Support and motivate by posting. Let’s do this! 🖤

Hey! Hey! I am back again, too! Well, I come and go, to be honest. I also follow the Ketogenic Lifestyle and am enjoying it (although I do it for health reasons - high A1C). Welcome back!
  • KJS_007
    Options
    Hello there! Thank you for responding :) How is the change going for you?
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    Howdy! Howdy!

I am pretty disciplined and commited. I have goals. Those goals - as I like to say - do not happen just because I write them down on a piece of paper. For example, at 51 I am GOING to have a six-pack (for the first time ever).

The funny thing - I do not log my exercises or what I eat in MFP. They way that MFP does things - for me - does not make sense and frustrates the heck out of me. I can do it - for me - WAY BETTER myself. So, I do. But, I do like to spend time in the forums and help poeple and to learn. Helping people helps me. It also helps me to stay humble. And committed. At 6'0" @ 205lbs and pretty athletic (I am blessed...and VERY fortunate) I do not struggle too much. But, I read stories about people losing 200 lbs (or more) and that sort of thing inspires me. And, keeps me honest.

I started doing Keto full-time in February, 2018. I love it. It really works for me. But, it is really restrictive (which is not a problem for me....just fortunate in that regard).

For me and my mindset (it is ALL ABOUT mindset to me) this is a lifestyle....not a diet. Keto is just a tool that helps me to do what I need to do....whatever that might be.

How are things going for you?
  • William54321
    William54321 Posts: 652 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Open to be added, just trying to keep balanced
  • KJS_007
    Options
    For me Keto restricts things that make me sick. Unfortunately food hates me lately. So this change actually gets my stomach back in line and I do have more mental clarity and energy. Overall I feel better. But there will be days where my Asian food obsession will take over and I’ll treat myself. It’s gonna happen 😂
    I want to lose about 15 lbs, but mainly just not gain. I’m in no rush to lose.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    Good! Slow and steady wins the race! I know - I know....how cliche! But, it is true.