Meal Ideas for Lunch

Options
Any meal ideas for lunch. I want to get lean and not burn to much muscle. Any healthy quick lunches I can take to work?

Replies

• Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I usually take one of the following:

- Leftovers from dinner
    - Sandwich with a good protein source
    - Crackers, cheese and fruit
    - Tuna pouch and greet yoghurt
    - Soup and toast
    - Salad with a good protein source.

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    diontre840 wrote: »
    Any meal ideas for lunch. I want to get lean and not burn to much muscle. Any healthy quick lunches I can take to work?

You may consider workplace friendly lunch salads, sandwiches and wraps with the following ingredients.
    • Quinoa
    • Chicken
    • Turkey
    • Eggs
    • Greek yoghurt

Hopefully, you'll be open to the idea of developing at least 3 drinks, from your flavour profile favourites , which you can freeze
    overnight, to enjoy as a refreshing sloshy iced drink at work, for that needed boost.
  • CarrieAnnH14
    CarrieAnnH14 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I make a variety of wraps using LaBanderita carb counter wraps. I usually use whatever leftover meat from the night before , throw on salad veggies and a laughing cow heese wedge. Then I top with either light myo and mustard....or a low cal dressing.
  • ramakrishnanpravin73
    ramakrishnanpravin73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would suggest
    Greek Yogurt
    oatmeal
    Apple With Nut Butter
    Veggies With Hummus
    Roasted Chickpeas
  • kayten76
    kayten76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken with no skin, mashed avocado and some hot sauce worked great for me. Add tomatoes or cucumber as well if you fancy.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Sandwich, dinner leftovers, salads
    Hard boiled eggs, hummus, cheese, fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, cottage cheese, yogurt, granola bar, protein bar, muffin, cooked meats, rice ball, tuna
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I’ve been making Stirfrys to take to work. I’ve found Stirfry shots in Thai, Chinese and Vietnamese flavours and change these and the meat and veg up for variety. I usually make 2 serves and sometimes add a single serve packet of ramen or rice between the 2 serves if I want carbs.

I cook an extra serve of some dinner meals to take as leftovers. I also enjoy soup with a couple of hard boiled eggs on the side. Salad with some lean meat or eggs. Cold frittata.
  • buffinlovin
    buffinlovin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like to prep my lunches in advance so I can just reach in my fridge and grab it in the morning. I make mon-wed lunches on sundays, and thurs-fri lunches on wed night. I Use a sous vide machine for easy prep now, but I used to just pan sear on the stove top.

for protein I use:
    -Chicken breast (tenders-1 for me 2 for my fiance, or if I use a whole breast I'll cut it in half or thirds depending on how big it is)
    -Chicken Thighs (I put one in my lunch, and two in my fiances)
    -Boneless Pork Chop (one for me, two for my fiance)
    -marinated pork loin (I try and cut thinner slices so I can get 4-5 meals out of one small loin)
    -thin beef steak (my grocery sells family packs where you get this small, thin beef steak, about 9 in a package-about 3-5 oz a piece, when I cook them I'll take the smaller one and give the larger to the mister)

For sides I prefer veggies, but have used rice or mashed potatoes occasionally. I will usually take a steamfresh veggie side (or the store brand equivalent) and divide it between two lunches.

Price wise, I think it's very cost efficient for me. A pack of 12 chicken tenders/9 chicken thighs is usually around $7, and steamfresh veggies are 2 for $5, or the store brand are 2 for $3. The other proteins I wait until they are on sale to something similar in cost.

I eat a cottage cheese cup for breakfast (I think it's called Good life, it's got fruit on the bottom, about 120 calories), My lunch is protein/veg (I aim for about 200-300 calories), and for snacks I have yogurt (170 calories), cheese (60 calories), and 2 Lindor Truffles (I buy the bag at costco, 2 truffles is 160 calories). rough estimate my food for the day while at work comes out to about 800 calories (I don't track my diary at the moment, but I don't deviate from this menu plan during the week).
  • BlessedMom70
    BlessedMom70 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Veggie wrap:
    Ole high fiber tortilla spread with 1-2 tbsp hummus, add diced celery, sliced cucumber, thinly sliced carrots, sliced avocado, and add some tuna or cooked chicken for protein. Roll up..fruit on the side. Yummy!
  • From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Steak and rice. Chicken and potatoes. tuna sandwich. Or any of these meats in a wrap. Add veggies on the side(spinach, carrots, peppers, etc.) If your looking for something quick throw some milk, protein, fruit, oats, and greek yogurt in a blender for an easy shake. Stuff like that is pretty satisfying and easy to portion for both cutting and bulking