Back at Keto

KJS_007
KJS_007 Posts: 8 Member
I started my weight loss journey around 3 years ago. Starting weight was 236 and ending at 150 about a year ago. I used Keto off and on during this time.

A little less than two weeks ago I noticed my scale creeping back up to around 160 and how much stomach problems I was having due to a higher carb/caloric intake. Visited my doc who is doing some gluten testing and decided to start Keto back.
One week in and I’m back to 154, goal is 140. And I’ve noticed the bloating and vomiting post meal has subsided. Sorry TMI.
Just looking for others who are on Keto- share their diaries and post/log daily. Also, if anyone else had went though similar with a possible gluten allergy. 🖤

Replies

• meskibrp
    meskibrp Posts: 23 Member
    Gluten and fodmap sensitivities for me. Huge bloating/reflux issues for years. I stopped all processed foods and alcohol. This provided a huge relief. Started eating fermented foods, drinking probiotic drinks like kumbucha, and other actions that supports healthy gut. Tried keto, wasn't for me. I do eat a restricted window Monday - friday. Big lifter. 20-30% carb, 20-30% protei, 50% fat is a normal macro i try to pursue. Energy stays consistent. No mid day crash. Improved body composition. Cortisol levels dropped drastically. Testosterone doubled. Doubled my nightly rem/deep sleep %. Just sharing to help spark any ideas. It took more than a year to iron this out and make these changes. Still modifying. Good luck. You can do it.
  • KJS_007
    edited July 2018
    I noticed I would stay so bloated and full feeling through the week that even when I ate I couldn’t keep it down. Scale was not really moving but clothes wouldn’t fit anymore. I had the doctor do a gluten test and ran blood work. Folic acid, vit D and iron were low. So I decided I would go back to a more Keto based lifestyle. Work in progress. Macro goals stay around 20 carbs, 88 fat and 98 protein. So far this week the bloating has gone away. Energy seems to be leveling out and I’m feeling some better minus the headaches and body aches from cutting the sugars and carbs. I’m sure this will go away. Oh and I started vitamins for the deficiency in those areas. Oh how I miss the days when I could eat what I wanted without worrying. Lol!
    Thank for replying- I’m curious what fodmap sensitivity is.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    There's a number in the keto and low Carber Daily groups that use keto to treat IBS. For that reason, they tend to restrict carbs although the level fluctuates based on their health. Some seem to be able to drift to slightly higher carbs over time.

Glad you are feeling better. :) Try the group's mentioned above for more support. Many have open diaries. (I don't log anymore.)
  • KJS_007
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    There's a number in the keto and low Carber Daily groups that use keto to treat IBS. For that reason, they tend to restrict carbs although the level fluctuates based on their health. Some seem to be able to drift to slightly higher carbs over time.

Glad you are feeling better. :) Try the group's mentioned above for more support. Many have open diaries. (I don't log anymore.)

Thanks so much! It’s still early but feeling better already. Hoping it stays under control. 🖤