Back in the saddle

Options
Hey all! I’m Jessie. My username jemimajones is a character from one of my favorite romcom books. She struggles with her weight and self confidence, just like I do!

This site worked for me 6 years ago and I’m hoping I can make it work for me again. If you’re looking for a motivational and inspirational buddy - let’s be friends! Team work makes the dream work :D

Replies

• glitchcat
    glitchcat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Let’s go Jessie! We’ve got this 👊🏻 How much did you lose last time?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Maybe you can boost both weightloss and self confidence if you reframe; think that you lose weight when you consistently eat less, and that is a decision you make, yourself and freely.
  • KellieLouiseX
    KellieLouiseX Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi! I too had a lot of success using MFP a few years back, and hoping for more of the same! Aiming to lose 2st 4lbs (32lbs) this time around! Feel free to add me!!
  • Stowve
    Stowve Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I had a lot of success about 5 years back, coming back heavier than ever. Could always use some more friends!
  • Jessax12
    Jessax12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost 60 pounds in 9 months! 🎉
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Last time I lost 60 pounds in 9 months! 🎉
    That's a lot in a short time. Losing too fast is a major reason people regain.
  • jmartine020
    jmartine020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    This is my second fitness tracker Ive used. First one was through the government website. It was very similar with tracking calories and all. I am not new to exercising. The issue is my eating habits. I will lift weights, run, hike ir whatever I do that season and eat junk. When I track my calories like I did on Supertracker.com, I lost 15 pounds. It was exactly this time last year, I was that lighter. I was pretty proud of myself. It is hard to eat less and simple. I love food! But I beat myself up when it comes to exercising. I am not lean but I know I can look a bit more define if I can just control my eatung habits. So I hope this will work for me once again.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Hi everyone
    This is my second fitness tracker Ive used. First one was through the government website. It was very similar with tracking calories and all. I am not new to exercising. The issue is my eating habits. I will lift weights, run, hike ir whatever I do that season and eat junk. When I track my calories like I did on Supertracker.com, I lost 15 pounds. It was exactly this time last year, I was that lighter. I was pretty proud of myself. It is hard to eat less and simple. I love food! But I beat myself up when it comes to exercising. I am not lean but I know I can look a bit more define if I can just control my eatung habits. So I hope this will work for me once again.
    Any tool will work for you if you use it right. It's a lot about mindset, I think. I don't do any particular exercise, but I love food, and I love eating less and simple. I have stopped being proud of myself, and instead I strive for a happy, less stressful life. This has lead me to finally being able to manage a healthy weight.