Eating When Hungry Questions

Options
So I find,
Normally I end up being hungry a few hours after I eat ( which is normal as I only eat small meals normally)
But it happens a lot at night.

Should I just not eat because it's night?
or Should I eat because I'm hungry?

What would you do ?

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories and you're truly hungry, then go for it!

I'm a night time snacker and I just make I have calories to cover my cravings and urges... and I'm still losing weight even with eating at night (though not usually after 8:30 pm).
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    If you havent reached your cal goal go for. if you have have a glass a water. sometimes your body just might be thirsty. if nothing works stick it out for fear of over eating, you body will get used to it.
  • sldavis73
    Options
    I might be giving you the wrong answer but if I had calories left to use for the day, I would eat something small...

I have been getting hungry at night too lately and I will eat somthing if I have calories left but if I don't I try not to go over..

I will check back to see what the right answer is..

Good Luck :)
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Resist! Its natural to get hungry at night. Don't give in! Thats when you'll see results.
    Try sipping on some water with some Braggs apple cider vinegar in it. Really kills hunger.
  • aeagles
    aeagles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You will hear conflicting reports about night eating, but after a fair amount of research I've decided I subscribe to the "what matters most is how many calories you eat in a day" school of thought. I work 2-4 nights a week and sometimes eat quite late, but have still lost weight, due to following a 1200 cal diet and exercising. Good luck :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    So I find,
    Normally I end up being hungry a few hours after I eat ( which is normal as I only eat small meals normally)
    But it happens a lot at night.

Should I just not eat because it's night?
    or Should I eat because I'm hungry?

What would you do ?

Eating every few hours (including night time) is what many many successful people do. Sounds like your body and instincts are working perfectly.
  • LoseItJourney
    LoseItJourney Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone for the great advice !

I always drink a glass of water half hour before eating,
    it helps a lot !

:) Keep up the great work everyone.
  • aclukehart
    Options
    it depends on how late it is, if it's 9:00 or earlier, i'll grab a fruit or some veggies but if it's after 9:00 i usually just ignore it.

some people might disagree with this strategy, but it's keeping me on track & works for me :)
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I usually get hungry (not the munchies, but hungry) late at night. I try to allow myself the calories for a late night snack. If not, sugar free pudding and especially jello are great options!! I usually do eat that, if nothing else. I also enjoy a few strawberries dipped in fat free cool whip, if I have the calories, but that is less than 100.