motivational musicand c25k

Options
albali
albali Posts: 225 Member
Hi
I have an app called C25K lite on my android. I wondered if it's possible to listen to music and have the app kick in while I am running? Is there a special app I need to be able to do this? Basically I'd like to be able to listen to some kicking music and have the C25K beeps over the top of the music! Hope someone knows what I mean!! Thanks.

Replies

• maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have C25K for the iPhone, and I just started my music first, and then the app and the app would just talk over my music. Not sure if it works for the droid too but worth a try.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have the bluefin C25K app and it does allow me to pull my music in and give me ques over the top of it. IDK about yours I hope you figure it out! I wouldn't be able to run without music!!
  • chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    I don't know about the app you have but I have the nhsc25k which is free and it plays music with the program and cuts in and tells you time to run you could try that if you can't find a way to choose your own music.. hope it helps you
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spampeg
    spampeg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The app you have might be the free version. I think there is a $1-2 paid version that will let you change screens without exiting the C25K countdown.

I also use, and highly recommend the NHS C25K podcasts.

http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx
  • pinkchrome
    pinkchrome Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Exactly what maura1110 said!

I used the lite version quite a bit before I finally purchased the full version (android phone). Basically what you have to do is start the music first then start the C25K program then lock the phone. If you go back into your phone and leave the C25K screen it will pause your running counter. The program just can't run in the background, which is why it's free. The paid one can.