Guys married in their mid 40s.

Options
bpg0972
bpg0972 Posts: 32 Member
There are a tremendous amount of female success stories on here and they are inspirational but where are all the males in their 40s that are married and getting the Dad bod, not the one we are proud of either. Anyways looking for some male support. Thanks! Stats below.

6’ Tall
SW: 255
CW: 232.6
GW: 210

Replies

• BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Not a dad but def trying to turn things around.

Height: 6'2"
    SW: 396
    CW: 377
    GW: 200
  • bpg0972
    Options
    No worries on the kids, it’s nice to hear from anyone to be honest. How long have you been at it. You exercising?
  • bpg0972
    Options
    Nice. I’ve been struggling maintaining the motivation. I started in January and got down to 223, but St Patty’s day everything went to hell with my eating and exercise. I topped out last week at 238.8 and got back on the wagon.
  • bpg0972
    Options
    Thanks. I’m down a pound this week and all ready feel better, don’t feel so full and bloated.
  • bfurlano22
    bfurlano22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great Thread! Love the support and honesty, especially St. Patty's Day-thats me! It's the domino effect sometimes, unfortunately. Have to find a way to stay focused and keep things sustainable. I messaged one of you bc I can't figure out how to add friends. Please everyone add me as well. Also when I first joined I dropped to 194.4 (strict vegan, no alcohol diet) (not sustainable) but since then I've ballooned to 240. When I drop weight now, still says zero pounds lost?
    I have a medicine ball for a stomach. Recent physical and blood work said I was healthy, just fat and needing to lose 20+ lbs.

Thanks

Brian -

6'3"
    SW:240
    CW:225
    GW:197
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hey,

5'11
    SW 320
    CW 196
    GW 190

I actually surpassed my goal weight and lightest was 186. I have since started bulking and looking to go up and have come up about 10 lbs. These 10lbs are good weight though lol.

Great thread.

• vm007
    vm007 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good luck all!

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    56 6' 2" here with three grown kids and three grand kids. I started here at 52 and 228 lbs. Once I got my eating under control and started running the weight really started coming off. I got down to 173 and people started asking if I was well. I had lost my huge beer gut and was in the best shape of my life. Fast forward the weight started creeping back and I stopped running due to ankle injury during a ski trip. I got up to 208 last week and hate myself for it. So I started running again am down to 205 and am desperately trying to make this a habit. At the same time I am trying to break my craft beer habit. One step at a time!
  • bpg0972
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies. It seems we are all in need of some support, so I’m glad I started the thread. Anyways, I find that I am an emotional eater/binger. A lot of times when I’m really happy or stressed about work I will literally pig out. Keeping my emotions in check is key for me to be successful.
  • bpg0972
    Options
    Progress

CW: 230.4
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    47, married with three kids.

Staring weight in 2014 was >277. I didn't have a scale in the first few weeks of joining MFP.

Today's weight was 219.6 - unusually high, but I've been pushing the workouts to prep for some upcoming races.

My primary motivation is to "clean my own room" so to speak. Setting a good example for my kids and keeping my life in order.

Well met gentlemen.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    42, married, 2 kids.

Starting Weight: 190(ish)
    Lowest Weight: 162lbs @ ~11% BF
    I generally fluctuate between 165 and 175 depending on time of year and life/priorities.

I struggle with mindset, in a variety of ways/aspects. I medicate with food, tend to view things as all-or-nothing/pass-fail, and struggle with self-esteem. Those are the things I'm working on. When I'm doing well, the rest of it falls into place (eating, training, weight, etc). When I'm not, they don't.
  • bpg0972
    Options
    Part of my motivation is keeping myself healthy. I want to enjoy retirement, not be stuck because of my weight and health issues. The other part is keeping up with the kiddos.

The other part is mental fitness as well. For me, keeping my stress level in check and not allowing the emotional eater to come out is a daily struggle.
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    39, married with 4 kids.
    Sw 400+
    Cw 313
    Gw. 240ish

Honestly I’ve been mainting for the last several months. Being in a deficit just felt like a grind and honestly so did tracking. I love working out and still do 4 to 5 times per week. I tend to medicate with food as one other poster said and I’m also and all or nothing, pass or fail mentality.

I’ve been waiting for a thread like this. I wasn’t to get back into it more. I would like to see some guys around my own age succeeding and struggling and making it happen too. Anyone can feel free to add me.

Good luck to you all!!
  • RedneckDentist
    RedneckDentist Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Almost 45 here and a father of 2. had a heart attack back in March, kinda figured after that i needed to lose most of what i picked up over the years.

since then ive lost 40 lbs so far. i seem to have plateaued and need to reconfigure some things to get back to losing some more. SW287 CW 247

always looking for inspiration for more ways to lose, feel free to add me and good luck on your goals.
  • bpg0972
    Options
    Love this and so glad I started the thread. I had a terrible day yesterday. Was at a family baby shower and totally pigged. Had three winecoolers (Im not sure if they call them that anymore but ohh well). Anyways, put on 4lbs in 1 day, mostly water weight I’m sure. Anyways, it’s how we recover from failure that determines our success so I’m right back on it today.

On a side note, I realized I didn’t really give a rundown of myself.

I’m 45, married with 2 children. Honestly I never struggled with my weight until I got married and took my first real professional job at a desk. I’ve also realized I am an emotional eater.

Please feel free to add, open up and share your stories.
  • steve_bb
    steve_bb Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, married with two daughters.

SW 217
    CW 195
    GW 175-185

Still working on becoming a healthier version, would love to reduce BF % and commit more to a mindset rather than have some success only to let it go and start again.

Please feel free to add.