Free & easyish diet to follow?

Options
I've been trying to stick to healthy eating on my own back but it's hard as I don't have anything to "follow" . I don't have enough money to sign up to ww / sw or anything like that.

I need somewhere that helps me to be disciplined .

I get demotivated with calorie counting eady especially with healthy food.

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    The above mentioned thread is excellent.
    This is such good learning tool and it is free. There is a lot of support and advice in here.
    One thing is suggest you do spend money on is a good kitchen scale. It is a great help in truly knowing what you are eating. It does make a difference.
    Hope to be seeing you on the threads.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    MFP is free, and eating food you like should be easy to stick to.

Do not expect others, or someone else's meal plan, to keep you disciplined. No matter what regimen you try to follow, ultimately, you make your own eating decisions, and the more restricted you feel, the harder you will rebel.

If you don't know anything about what healthy eating means, look into "the healthy eating plate" and the food pyramid.

If your diet is mostly made up from whole food ingredients, and you stick to meals (no snacking), and eat balanced meals (and no seconds), it may very well be that you don't have to count calories.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Since you mentioned weight watchers I wanted to point out that they provide lots of information and recipes on their website for free. I focus mainly on the Weight Watchers Good Health Guidelines for nutrition but I track calories for financial reasons. Any diet will work as long as you eat less calories than you burn. The best diet is the one that you can stick to. I’d encourage you to just start tracking the calories in what you normally eat in myfitnesspal for a few days. Then look for small ways to tweak things to meet your goals.

If you feel that in person meetings are something that appeals to you, many areas have TOPS (Takimg Off Pounds Sensibly) as an affordable meeting option. I listen to several weight loss podcasts in my way to and from work to help me stay on track. If you have a friend who is also dieting it helps to share recipes and encourage each other regularly.
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I use the F45 challenge app for meal ideas. It is a meal plan. A challenge starts Monday. You can "join" and get just the app access for free. It does involve a lot of cooking (which is fine by me) and repeats meals twice. I do my own breakfast (I eat scrambled eggs every day) and snacks but I really like the meals. You can adjust if you need more/less calories.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    There's an app called "eat this much" that will give you meal ideas...
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Google is your friend. If your goal (for example) is 1700 calories: type in 1700 calorie per day meal plan. You’ll get tons of results.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Try Pinterest for free sample menus.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    There's an app called "eat this much" that will give you meal ideas...

I agree,when I need an idea, I use that app. I don't do all the meals they give me, but it gives me an idea of what foods to incorporate and I will modify the recipe to my liking.