Work-out log.

Options
Anyone know of any good work-out logs for weight training and circuits, or should i just use a pen and notebook?
cheers..

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I use a notebook. I write down my lifts, sets and reps and then can make notes on if I want to increase, decrese, or stay the same next workout.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    evilsmudge wrote: »
    Anyone know of any good work-out logs for weight training and circuits, or should i just use a pen and notebook?
    cheers..

So, I did Strong Lifts 5x5 some time ago (the only program I have ever followed) and there is an app that comes along with it (both Android and iPhone) and I used that. It was really nice - eventhough it meant bringing my phone into the gym with me (something that I previously refused to do).

I am sure that there are other "canned programs" that offer an app for tracking as well.

If you are not following one such program or have your own, then like @DancingMoosie suggested - pad and pen. And, I really like the addition that she included - essentially, how you felt this training session. That is super important. You can track things much better if you include that stuff. You can - potentially - see patterns.

I used to do powerlifting....sometimes doing 315lbs on the deadlift was easy as heck and sometimes it killed me. That is good information to have....I think.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few of the workout logging apps, but none of them have been good enough/flexible enough to replace a good ol' spiral notebook and pen.
  • From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I use a notebook. I write down my lifts, sets and reps and then can make notes on if I want to increase, decrese, or stay the same next workout.

This. (I also take note of rest time, not a deal breaker though)
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use the "Strong" app. It was free and you can build your own workouts then track the weight and reps over time. Only one lift I wanted to do wasn't on it, so it's been working pretty well so far.