Is it not meant to be coming off fast??

Options
mehreen_xo
mehreen_xo Posts: 78 Member
edited July 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys so I’m currently in a calorie deficit and going to the gym 6 times a week burning 300-500 calories. I started this about 3 and a half weeks ago, and I have only lost 3 pounds? According to my deficit it should be more because I eat 1200 calories a day and am very active. I want to lose 2 pounds a week and have 20 pounds to lose altogether. I use a food scale to measure solids but there have been some days in between where I have not used a food scale but I still logged by eye balling, and i think I do that well. Also for the last 5 days my weight hasn’t increased it’s actually gone up by 0.75 pounds and this all really demotivates me from stepping foot in the gym again because I work so hard ://
What is going onnnn? Thanks guys

Replies

• eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    You have lost 3 pounds ... which is a good start. A pound a week is still a good loss, especially over time. But mainly, don't eyeball ... there are a few videos out there which explain the inaccuracies of eye-balling ...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    If 20 pounds is all you have to lose, you can't lose 2 pounds per week.
    1 pound per week is excellent, even a bit surprising with sloppy logging.
    Don't work hard, work smart. There's no reason to aim for 1200 calories and going to the gym 6 days a week. Burnout is a real threat.

THIS^^

"Lose 2 pounds per week," is for those who have a lot of body fat/therefore extra fuel in that body fat.

With 20 pounds to lose, set the goal to "Lose 1/2 pound per week," or at the highest, "1 pound."

With little to lose, you need to be as accurate as possible. Eating too little is just as bad as eating too much and it will catch up to you in the form of having to overeat. Restrict/binge cycles are common to people who try to eat too little.

Here: (from the pinned posts at the top of the Getting Started subforum:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Another vote for changing your weight loss goal to a half pound per week.

Is the exercise new? My scale went UP 7 pounds when I started working out again. Took a few weeks to come off.

I also retain water when I ovulate and premenstrually.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Dropping it like it's hot is no guarantee it will stay off. No need to be so brutally strict with our body right outta the chute or any step along the way.