Should I regift??

Options
2»

Replies

• writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    A gift isn't about how much or how little money you spend. If it would suit her, then give it to her!!
  • JustRobert1
    Options
    when in doubt, re-gift.
  • Shawnda1730
    Options
    I'd give it to her, why not! don't feel bad at all, you thought abt her....right? That is all that matters!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,665 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's about etiquette. I believe it's more about being thought as a "cheap skate" more than etiquette. Sad that people would worry more about how people think about them then how they feel about themselves.
  • Sbmtx
    Sbmtx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree it's ok to re-gift. If it were something spent big bucks on because it was an antique/vintage item it would be ok. Like ninerbuff said, if it was a used car it would be ok. So why not a purse.
    I think as long as it looks nice and does not have any strange odors or anything why not. Stick a note inside that says "I saw this and thought of you." Then wrap it in a pretty bag.
    Oh and I think it's an old superstition or something. My grandma and my aunt would always put at least a few coins if not a couple of dollars in a purse before giving it as a gift.
  • bauerluv3
    Options
    Another point...isn't it the same idea as buying something at a vintage shop? People love vintage clothing, jewelry and such and that has been used before too.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Point of interest: I'm not sure if the 'Wallet Rules' apply to purses, but you never give someone an empty wallet as a gift. Always put at least a dollar bill in it.
    -wtk
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    Hell, I'll take it if you decide not to give it to her! I'm a purse addict!! But, where are my manners?? Re-gift. Trust me, she'll be happy with it.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i would definitely gift it to her. clean it up really nice, maybe spray the inside with febreeze.. stuff it with nice tissue gift paper to shape it, and wrap it! :)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Follow the "rules of regifting" like someone else already posted. If it's still got the tags and the two people don't know each other, it's okay. Otherwise, buy her something and donate the purse elsewhere.