HELP! Been traking since April and lost NOTHING!

Options
Hi there - I've been a die hard tracker for about 4 months and haven't lost A THING. I'm eating about 1200 calories a day plus whatever I burn during my workouts (I use a heart rate monitor to help track calories burned). Lately, I've stopped eating my workout calories to see if that changed anything - nothing still. I'm about 5'4'' and 160 lbs. Do you think 1200 is too low? Any suggestions you guys have would be great!

Replies

• futurekilousky
    Options
    What kinds of foods are you eating? If you open up your diary, people could give you suggestions. Adjust your macros? Add more fiber and water to your diet?
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    It matters WHAT you are eating as much as how much. If you open up your diary we'll be able to help.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Definitely try eating closer to 1500 and see what happens. Your body needs a little shaking up!

Trust me I know it's frustrating. Are you eating enough fiber? Are you following high carb/low fat or low carb/high fat?
  • lennykat
    lennykat Posts: 89
    Options
    Bump
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    #1 - try eating more -- but maybe just 100-200 cals more for a few weeks to see what happens.
    #2 - what types of foods are you eating? we can't see. try opening your diary so we can see and possibly offer some suggestions.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Well, I can't see your diary. So, experiment a little. Increase your calories for a few weeks and see what happens. MFP has the carbs set pretty high. Maybe customize that and lower your carbs by a few percentage points. Tracking accurately is very important. Try weighing and measuring everything. Also, what time of exercise are you doing? How frequently? How intense is it?
  • lbrush
    lbrush Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey guys - thanks for all the suggestions! My diary is open! I didn't know you could do that -thanks!

As for sorts of food I am eating, I eat mostly organic and minimally processed foods. I shop A LOT at trader joes. The weekends usually involve a little more alcohol than the norm (recent college grad), but usually still eat pretty healthy (aside from yesterday - I was so angry that I wasn't loosing that I ordered chicken wings!).
  • lbrush
    Options
    Also - I exercise about 4-5 times a week. I take classes that use mostly light weights and cardio - my heart rate is usually in the 140-160s. Also do yoga and go on the elliptical.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You do eat a lot of Trader Joes! They must love you there!

Seriously, yes, it may be organic, but it's still a lot of processed food. Add sodium to your diary and see what your daily totals are. I'm guessing that it's pretty high. You eat some fruit, but I would definitely increase the fresh veggies - you eat almost none and they're important for nutrients and they fill you up for few calories. Some days you under-eat by quite a lot. Try to be consistent hiting your calorie goal. Also, either you're not logging water or not drinking it. Try to get your 8 cups a day.

I would recommend you try more fresh foods made at home. Good luck!
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    First I would cut WAY back on the alcohol. It's only hindering your progress. Also, you do eat a lot of processed food that are high in sodium. Keep track. You should only have less than 2500 mg per day.
    And what about water? Are you drinking 8 glasses a day? Especially with all the sodium you probably need more.
    Good luck!
  • lbrush
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've upped my calorie goal and am going to try to stick to it each day. Also, will try to make more things at home. I am drinking LOTS of water, but just not tracking it. Thanks again!