This takes soooo long

Options
Hi ladies, I hope I’m doing this right. I’m 54 and started working out again and watching my diet back in April. I am down 15 pounds and getting healthier, it’s my patience that I need to check. I did a MyIntent bracelet with “health” as my word to remind myself of my commitment. Maybe “patience” would have been the better choice!

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Patience is hard. Time will pass no matter what you do.

For me, it's going to need to be forever if I want to not only lose weight but keep it off. I focus on the process rather than an end point because there really isn't one.

Hang in there.
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I feel ya, @esocha2060. Feels like a forever battle. I think I'm doing so well and then I look in the mirror and still see the same old fat me. I'm trudging along, keeping that slooooow sloooow forward momentum with you.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Everyone wanted it yesterday.......so.....what's your hurry? Live your life and be true to yourself and your goals. Today has problems of their own without focusing on tomorrow!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    In the end, I spent the same amount of time losing weight as I did gaining.
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    Someone posted the other day that, the weight we have gained wasn't over night, nor would be a loss. Just have to keep working at it😊
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    esocha2060 wrote: »
    Sorry I haven’t been on here in a while! I’m still trying to figure out how to use the forums on this thing. Thank you everyone for your encouragement. I’m down now about 25 pounds! August was a trying month with some business and personal travel, which always seem to disrupt my new routines. But I’m back at it and doing well. I’m looking forward to next April when I can see how much I’ve lost over the 12 months. My doctor said I’m doing well and I’m healthy otherwise!
    That's why people always seem to harp on "good habits", but harping is pointless unless the purpose is made clear. Good habits are not only habits that will make you healthy (including normal weight) if you stick to them, but habits that are actually possible to implement and sustain in one's actual, real life.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I hope I’m doing this right. I’m 54 and started working out again and watching my diet back in April. I am down 15 pounds and getting healthier, it’s my patience that I need to check. I did a MyIntent bracelet with “health” as my word to remind myself of my commitment. Maybe “patience” would have been the better choice!

How long did it take you to gain all the weight?
  • esocha2060
    esocha2060 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to gain all the weight? [/quote]

About 18 months. I had some big changes in life: moved back to the city for a new job and found myself getting into some old routines like plopping On the couch after work at my desk all day.

Just came back from spin class. I remind myself that six months ago, I could barely make stairs. Now I’m spinning a few times a week and do some cardio dancing!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It IS a forever battle. I accepted that premise before I started. You don’t lose X lbs, get to maintenance, then maintain happily for the rest of your life without ever thinking about it again. You always have to be vigilant because every place you go, everything you do, is constantly shoving unhealthy food at you.

If you’re not patient with losing and maintaining weight, you’ll have to be patient with being overweight.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven’t been on here in a while! I’m still trying to figure out how to use the forums on this thing. Thank you everyone for your encouragement. I’m down now about 25 pounds! August was a trying month with some business and personal travel, which always seem to disrupt my new routines. But I’m back at it and doing well. I’m looking forward to next April when I can see how much I’ve lost over the 12 months. My doctor said I’m doing well and I’m healthy otherwise!

Glad you're back and still progressing! I agree with everyone else. Take the slow and steady approach and don't stress about how long it might take. The time passes regardless.

fl20p1d2twc9.jpg
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Its tough..took me 3 mnths to loose 13 pounds....and as i get closer to my goal (and being 45)
    I feel like these last few pounds are going to take FOREVER
    Im going to tyr to hit my goal Jan 1 (about 7-8 pounds to go)

GL
    kim
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    Options
    @esocha2060 : Member You really are doing great! Down 15 pounds from April is excellent.

@VUA21 and @Silhouette199 - You are both inspiring. Thank you!