30, pregnant and 40 lbs overweight

Options
I found this app because I was looking for something to help me regulate. I gained 60 pounds with my first child and REALLY don't want to do that again :-) Im also looking for an encouraging place to find answers :)

Ladi

Replies

• Schuky01
    Schuky01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ha, I am in the same boat! I gained about 60 with my first kid and carried the extra weight around for over a year. I have finally got down to my ideal weight and an healthy BMI. I am pregnant again and hope that with this site I will gain the 20-30lbs and not the 60 like I did before!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I gained nearly that much with my first, also. I'm not pregnant again yet, but I'm hoping that next time around, I won't do that again.

You might want to check out one of these two topics:

For people looking for general pregnancy support and not wanting to gain too much: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/305078-pregnancy-august-2011
    For people who are VERY active and want to maintain that level while pregnant: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/305268-fit-fabulous-and-pregnant-august-2011

Best of luck to you, and congrats!

Edit: Did you know that you can log "eating for pregnancy" in your food diary, and it will add in the extra calories you should consume while pregnant?
  • Ladibug23
    Ladibug23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the websites!! I didn't know that about the diary and will go edit it now.

I've carried around my extra weight for 2 1/2 years and never got back down :( i'm hoping this will keep me balanced during this pregnancy and back down after...of course that will be April of next year so I've got a while to go :)
  • Ladibug23
    Ladibug23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I seem to not be getting the gist of the eating for pregnancy thing. Can I blame it on baby brain yet???

Do I add it in as a food or somewhere on my profile??
  • Schuky01
    Schuky01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Write it is as if it were a food, it will give you the extra 300 calories