LADIES!!! Please help.

Options
I was wondering HOW MUCH protein do you ladies take in a day..? Perhaps to those who are on a 1,200 calorie intake per day? I always seem to go over and on my fiber.. Any responses would be so helpful!!

Replies

• thenewkarisa
    Options
    I can't go over on protein no matter how hard I try.... I aways squeeze in about a third of it :/
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I try to have 1g/lb i weigh so i aim for 116g/day. However, I rarely make it to that. The protein is set really low on MFP so don't worry if you go over!
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It really isnt BAD to go over protein and Fiber, especially if you work out. If you were going over on fat, sugar or sodium, then we should talk :)
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Going over on protein and fiber are good. Both are set pretty low on here. A lot of people, inclusing myself set the ratios to 40/30/30 for carbs protein and fat. Protein keeps you fuller longer and fiber helps regulate your blood sugar, bioth being really good things
  • winterkj
    winterkj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Most everything I have read says to try to get between .75 to 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. I typically get somewhere on the low end of this spectrum.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    For protein you should eat one gram per pound of body weight. I always go over on MFP...the settings are too low. You should eat a lot if you are strength training.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I aim for 30% of my daily calories from protein. 115 grams is my goal minimum, 1g for every pound of lean body mass).
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i always go over on protien but have been told that it burns faster than other empty calories so i dont worry about it.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i aim for 100g a day, but have to really work to make that. have protein powder in the cupboard that i should use more!
  • sjdennis45
    Options
    My calorie goal is set at 1200 as well and I always go over in my protein too. As long as your balancing out what you eat, you should be fine.
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Agree with previous posters -- don't see why, within reasonable limits -- fiber and protein could pose much of a problem. Why do you think it's an issue?