And what a year it's been...

Options
QueenBee2018
QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
One year on MFP! 42 pounds and 3 sizes lost! Not as fast as a lot of folks here but I’m about halfway to goal and delighted with my progress.
Key points for me have been: 1. Log everything—even when I go over. Keeping track helps contain binging and sometimes give me insights on the “why”. It's best to weigh everything but when I can't I guess, I'm not willing to forgo going out to eat so some guessing will always be in my plan.
2. Start small- for me it was just with logging, then some walking, then moved on to weight lifting, the last couple weeks I have added in the couch to 5k program. It’s overwhelming if you try to change everything at once. If you told me last year I would have the energy to workout sometimes 5 days a week and enjoy it I would have rolled my eyes out of my head!
3. Progress, not perfection, I am am impatient person but this is not a sprint so I am learning patience.
4. This community has been so inspiring to me. Such great folks are here and so much wisdom and inspiration It has really helped to keep me going. Here’s to a good next year!

m344s72r7ix6.jpeg

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in dropping it like it's hot. I don't feel the need for speed or challenges. Congratulations on your solid plan and strategy. It's working.
  • QueenBee2018
    Options
    Thanks!
  • shedsports10
    shedsports10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look fantastic
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady finishes the race and doesn't have to rerun it ever again 🏁

You've approached it the right way to make it's a permanent change. It's hard to have that kind of patience but that's what it takes! Well done, you look fantastic 💃
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look fantastic!
  • Silhouette199
    Silhouette199 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • julkasneg
    julkasneg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great work & commitment! Well done :)
  • QueenBee2018
    Options
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate all of the people who post and make this sight a fun place.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You shaved some years off Queen :D ! Slow and steady is a quote we should all memorize! Great job!
  • JoAnna4731
    JoAnna4731 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have to give my husband a fair amount of credit—he has listened to me complain about how this is taking soooooo loooooong repeatedly. He always says “you are winning, just keep winning”.

I love this sooooo much!!

• heymossy
    heymossy Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look fantastic. I hear you about being an impatient person - so it's even more impressive that you've persevered and gone at this in a steady and sensible way. Congratulations!
  • fanofsinatra
    fanofsinatra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • gamecocksrugby
    gamecocksrugby Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look fantastic!
  • Jams29
    Jams29 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nice work!

I'm starting to learn the whole "log EVERYTHING" rule...even when going over. Sometimes it's painful to see yourself go over but the information is helpful to have.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!