Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is there any hope for my arms? Tips would be very helpful.

I'm a short, curvy young adult. I dont know my weight but ive slimmed down alot recently. I have a relatively flat stomach and I'm pear shaped but my arms are so gross that it makes dressing well difficult. I'm pretty covered up as it is (I haven't owned shorts or a bathing suit in over 5 years) but I can't cover this up with this heat. I have a bad farmers tan as well as a horrible glove tan from working. My coworkers call me Minnie mouse! My arms are the flabbiest part of me even though I lift for work every day. I've never had acne much but just on the white upper part of my arms I started breaking out? Everything together is really embarrassing. I can't afford a gym membership or even weights at the moment. I don't even know where to begin correcting these flaws.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Calorie deficit

A medicated body wash for the arms perhaps?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    You could consult a dermatologist about your skin. It might be something other than acne.
    https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/bumps-and-growths/keratosis-pilaris

Use sunblock with a high spf to reduce/prevent tanning. Gently exfoliate your skin. I don't know if you could use a self tanner or spray tan the parts that are much lighter to reduce the contrast. Your tan will eventually fade.

I don't know if you are actually overweight. If you are and lose weight your arms may get smaller. But you might be seeing flab on your arms when they are not really flabby just because you are sensitive to their appearance. Your arms may be fine to everyone but you.

You could try more objective means to determine if you ard overweight or if your arms are very large.
    Weigh yourself. Take body measurements.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I had KP (keratosis pilaris) on my upper arms. I used (and still do) an acne body wash on it and moisturize with coconut oil or Shea butter. Works for me.

As for the self-conscious thing, our flaws seem so large to us. What is the most obvious, horrible, thing about our appearance, most other people don’t even notice. I have some very lightweight sweaters and shirts for hot weather. But covering up is not worth heat stroke.