Keto - goal:75lbs in a year (by july 2019) - Shoop69

Options
Shoop69
Shoop69 Posts: 48 Member
Hello :) I'm 49 and was 247lbs.

I stared keto one week ago today. Lost 6.6lbs.

I know, I know.. 'they' say water weight haha - but it still feels pretty good :smile:

One day I caught that show, my 600lb life - and decided I better do something as that could be me one day. I noted how the doc put them on a 1200 cal high protein diet to lose 40lbs a months. Thats.. insane! But still - it inspired me to get started. This site has helped immensely.

I'm obsessed with tracking at the moment. 1600 cal, 5% carbs (about 20 carbs a day). I dont exercise. Laziness primarily, but it's important I dont try to change too much too fast, or I'll quit. Losing weight has got to fit my lifestyle to some degree - at least for now!

Any other lchf/keto junkies with similar goals out there that want to be motivational friends? Share meal ideas and keep each other on track?

Replies

• mattysbabylove
    mattysbabylove Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started on Tuesday and I'm already down 4 pounds as of this morning! I just made my first keto shopping trip and boy was it expensive but I'm looking forward to putting all my goodies to good use.
  • lodgemom
    lodgemom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting today... have been transitioning off sugar for 2 weeks. Also looking for motivated goal seekers
  • Changin4Me44
    Changin4Me44 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey good luck on ur journey I was interesting the whole Keto lifestyle but I’m not sure what is what can u give me a few pointers.
  • ketoraeray
    ketoraeray Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    the most informative keto site to start with is on reddit. log on to reddit on a desk top, and on the r/keto there is a FAQ. That is the most direct and clear information that is easily accessible. (if you are on mobile reddit - you have to look for the three dots at the top to see the subs links/docs.

There is a bunch of bunk about keto on fb and here too that can confuse a person.

Make a bunch of friends on here (mfp) that follow a keto lifestyle too, and if they actually log in their food diaries, you can peep at what everyone is eating everyday.