HELP! Been traking since April and lost NOTHING!

lbrush
lbrush Posts: 5 Member
edited October 1 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi there - I've been a die hard tracker for about 4 months and haven't lost A THING. I'm eating about 1200 calories a day plus whatever I burn during my workouts (I use a heart rate monitor to help track calories burned). Lately, I've stopped eating my workout calories to see if that changed anything - nothing still. I'm about 5'4'' and 160 lbs. Do you think 1200 is too low? Any suggestions you guys have would be great!

Replies

• What kinds of foods are you eating? If you open up your diary, people could give you suggestions. Adjust your macros? Add more fiber and water to your diet?
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    It matters WHAT you are eating as much as how much. If you open up your diary we'll be able to help.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Definitely try eating closer to 1500 and see what happens. Your body needs a little shaking up!

Trust me I know it's frustrating. Are you eating enough fiber? Are you following high carb/low fat or low carb/high fat?
  • lennykat
    lennykat Posts: 89
    Bump
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    #1 - try eating more -- but maybe just 100-200 cals more for a few weeks to see what happens.
    #2 - what types of foods are you eating? we can't see. try opening your diary so we can see and possibly offer some suggestions.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Well, I can't see your diary. So, experiment a little. Increase your calories for a few weeks and see what happens. MFP has the carbs set pretty high. Maybe customize that and lower your carbs by a few percentage points. Tracking accurately is very important. Try weighing and measuring everything. Also, what time of exercise are you doing? How frequently? How intense is it?
  • lbrush
    Hey guys - thanks for all the suggestions! My diary is open! I didn't know you could do that -thanks!

As for sorts of food I am eating, I eat mostly organic and minimally processed foods. I shop A LOT at trader joes. The weekends usually involve a little more alcohol than the norm (recent college grad), but usually still eat pretty healthy (aside from yesterday - I was so angry that I wasn't loosing that I ordered chicken wings!).
  • lbrush
    Also - I exercise about 4-5 times a week. I take classes that use mostly light weights and cardio - my heart rate is usually in the 140-160s. Also do yoga and go on the elliptical.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    You do eat a lot of Trader Joes! They must love you there!

Seriously, yes, it may be organic, but it's still a lot of processed food. Add sodium to your diary and see what your daily totals are. I'm guessing that it's pretty high. You eat some fruit, but I would definitely increase the fresh veggies - you eat almost none and they're important for nutrients and they fill you up for few calories. Some days you under-eat by quite a lot. Try to be consistent hiting your calorie goal. Also, either you're not logging water or not drinking it. Try to get your 8 cups a day.

I would recommend you try more fresh foods made at home. Good luck!
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    First I would cut WAY back on the alcohol. It's only hindering your progress. Also, you do eat a lot of processed food that are high in sodium. Keep track. You should only have less than 2500 mg per day.
    And what about water? Are you drinking 8 glasses a day? Especially with all the sodium you probably need more.
    Good luck!
  • lbrush
    Thanks everyone! I've upped my calorie goal and am going to try to stick to it each day. Also, will try to make more things at home. I am drinking LOTS of water, but just not tracking it. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.