Favourite kitchen gadget?

acpgee
acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
I recently bought a cherry pitter, which I mostly use on olives for pasta sauces like puttaneca. Works great and is much easier to operate than expected.

Also swear by the instant read meat thermometer I bought last year which takes all the guess work out of roasts and BBQs.

Do you have a gadget to recommend?

Replies

• B23_Kate
    B23_Kate Posts: 24 Member
    I like my zester. I use it to zest orange, lemon, and lime peel and I use them to flavor my recipes.
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    I love my immersion blender.
  • layanqui
    layanqui Posts: 13 Member
    I'm really into my julienne peeler that I bought last year. I use it to finely shred veggies for stir fries and for tacos. I've been meaning to get an instant read thermometer for a while. It's on my wish list. :)
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Mandeline definitely...I use it for just about every meal I make
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Might be my apple corer/slicer. One push apple ready to eat, ingenius.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    My immersion blender! I use it a couple of times a day (protein shakes with fruit and ice).
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Mandoline, spiralizer and meat thermometer.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    So many. I love gadgets. My garlic press maybe the tool I use the most frequently however. I found a great one on Amazon that has a little gadget to clean it so it makes it easier to use. After that then maybe my Kitchenaid with all of it's attachments. I use the food processor attachment the most . Makes really short work of slicing, shredding etc. and it's so easy to clean up. No bowl so I place a bowl on top of my food scale and weigh things while using the food processor.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    I have to say it's my pressure cooker. It makes it so easy to produce meals quickly. Tonight I am making mongolian beef - once it's up to pressure it will take about 8 minutes cooking time, 10 minutes resting time, and the beef will be melt in the mouth tender. I used to wait until weekends to cook things like this, because of the time needed.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I love my Hamilton Beach mini-food processor because I absolutely HATE chopping onions.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Egg poacher
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Mostly my knives...
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    My collection of jar openers.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    Not exactly a gadget, but I eat almost everything with a dinner spoon, specifically one spoon that was a gift from my grandmother when I was a child because I always commented how much I loved her spoons. It's the perfect size and shape. Most spoons are too large, too wide, too long, too shallow, too deep, or just don't have the right feel in my mouth. This old spoon with nothing written on it except "stainless steel" is better than anything I've been able to find, and I've looked a lot trying to find anything that remotely compares.

It's the one in the middle with two other spoons for comparison. This shot was taken at night and the light makes them look yellow.
    jeun6207cj75.jpg

Edited to add the photo. Forgot to add it.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Instant pot, vitamix and mandolin slicer are among my favorites. Love my lemon juice handheld thingy too.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Instant pot and vitamix....kitchen shears....food scale.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    My digital meat thermometer gets used pretty much any time I'm cooking meat.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    My Nutribullet hands down. I use it everyday.

Smoothies, sorbets, soups, banana "nice" cream, the base for my protein bars, juice (and strain most of the pulp), it grinds up my seeds and make powders and more.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    My knives?? :P Lol